• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
You forgot to mention benson and bucknor unless you include them as aussies.
Aussies still played well. Even though they got help from umpires. Its part & parcel of the sport. Sometimes it happens .. not only in cricket even in other sport...

Majin

International Debutant
India feared of losing ? I suppose why they want the tour be boycotted! They can prove a point by winning the next matches! I think they do not have the fighting spirit in them..Indians making hell out of nothing
Don't know what series you've been watching but the last match was certainly not the Indians making "hell out of nothing", it was littered with shocking umpiring decisions and poor behaviour from certain players.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well he was denying he made the comments wasn't he? Makes it a bit hard to apologise.
Yeah, but that's not so unusual if you think about it. I'm pretty sure Lehmann and Gibbs originally denied their charges as well. Eventually though you cut your losses and apologise one way or the other.

What was the Gibbs ban? Two matches?

Raghav

Referee did a good job by fining Harbhajan...Well done.. these things should not be entertained

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Dont care if its 5 aussies or 10, if theres no conclusive evidence or at least confirmation from a neutral party, i dont think it was the right decision.
Yeah I'm inclined to agree. I'd be interested to hear the reasoning, particularly with reference to previous bans for racial abuse.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dont care if its 5 aussies or 10, if theres no conclusive evidence or at least confirmation from a neutral party, i dont think it was the right decision.
Yeah tomorrow ten indians can complain that all aussies abused them.then what would he do?
ban all of them?

tooextracool

International Coach
Yeah, but that's not so unusual if you think about it. I'm pretty sure Lehmann and Gibbs originally denied their charges as well. Eventually though you cut your losses and apologise one way or the other.

What was the Gibbs ban? Two matches?
bit hard to deny the charges when you are caught red-handed on the stump mic tbh as in the gibbs scenario.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, my last post here but I can’t believe abandoning the tour is seriously being considered. It’s not Australia’s fault that the umpires had a horrible game, and it’s not right to punish the fans. Do what you need to do in the halls of the ICC headquarters to make sure you can improve the umpiring standard, but calling off the tour is way too much of an overreaction and really, fails to accomplish anything productive.

Also, if Harbhajan did in fact say what he did, then his ban is justified. I have a problem with his ban being more serious than Lehmann’s, but I have little sympathy for racists, and they get what they deserve. Lehmann might have been a racist bastard, but if Harbhajan said it, then he is too and I wouldn’t care if they got a life ban. If I said something like that at work, I’d certainly be (rightly) fired on the spot. Sportsmen should not receive any special treatment.

Again, calling off the tour on such a thing is bizarre to say the least. BCCI gets upset at totally the wrong thing and at the wrong people. BCCI has the clout – so lobby for more technology so matches are fairer in the future. This type of behavior is quite churlish and does not befit a professional body with so much influence.

Though for me personally, the series has pretty much been ruined, it is clearly not the case for a lot of other people. Why deprive them of potentially great contests because you have an exception to something. The game is played for the fans, and the focus should always be on them first.

Play the game – and fix what you need to later. Indian fans accusing umpires of bias are just stupid; you’re not doing yourself any favors by acting childish. The victim mentality that seems to prop up will not serve you in the long term. Complain about the umpiring, but don’t be emotional about it. The sad part is that the BCCI seems to take their cue from fans like those, instead of rational discourse on how to improve the game of cricket.
I would not .because probably i live in india but i would for calling someone a bastard.

Raghav

Damn, my last post here but I can’t believe abandoning the tour is seriously being considered. It’s not Australia’s fault that the umpires had a horrible game, and it’s not right to punish the fans. Do what you need to do in the halls of the ICC headquarters to make sure you can improve the umpiring standard, but calling off the tour is way too much of an overreaction and really, fails to accomplish anything productive.

Also, if Harbhajan did in fact say what he did, then his ban is justified. I have a problem with his ban being more serious than Lehmann’s, but I have little sympathy for racists, and they get what they deserve. Lehmann might have been a racist bastard, but if Harbhajan said it, then he is too and I wouldn’t care if they got a life ban. If I said something like that at work, I’d certainly be (rightly) fired on the spot. Sportsmen should not receive any special treatment.

Again, calling off the tour on such a thing is bizarre to say the least. BCCI gets upset at totally the wrong thing and at the wrong people. BCCI has the clout – so lobby for more technology so matches are fairer in the future. This type of behavior is quite churlish and does not befit a professional body with so much influence.

Though for me personally, the series has pretty much been ruined, it is clearly not the case for a lot of other people. Why deprive them of potentially great contests because you have an exception to something. The game is played for the fans, and the focus should always be on them first.

Play the game – and fix what you need to later. Indian fans accusing umpires of bias are just stupid; you’re not doing yourself any favors by acting childish. The victim mentality that seems to prop up will not serve you in the long term. Complain about the umpiring, but don’t be emotional about it. The sad part is that the BCCI seems to take their cue from fans like those, instead of rational discourse on how to improve the game of cricket.
I second your thoughts. I love that sentence especially

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Damn, my last post here but I can’t believe abandoning the tour is seriously being considered. It’s not Australia’s fault that the umpires had a horrible game, and it’s not right to punish the fans. Do what you need to do in the halls of the ICC headquarters to make sure you can improve the umpiring standard, but calling off the tour is way too much of an overreaction and really, fails to accomplish anything productive. BCCI has the clout – so lobby for more technology so matches are fairer in the future. This type of behavior is quite churlish and does not befit a professional body with so much influence.

Again, calling off the tour on such a thing is bizarre to say the least. BCCI gets upset at totally the wrong thing and at the wrong people. What are they trying to say? That the procedure that found Bhajji guilty was unfair? Then lobby to change it. That Bhajji said those things but shouldn't be punished? Then that position is just stupid.

Though for me personally, the series has pretty much been ruined, it is clearly not the case for a lot of other people. Why deprive them of potentially great contests because you have an exception to something? The game is played for the fans, and the focus should always be on them first.

EDIT: double post.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
now one reporter claiming indians are considering appealing anything abusive which the aussies said on field.
And almost all of them used these terms.