• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

on the radio a few guys have come to a pretty fair conclusion

all the poor umpiring decisions were simply karma for the way the indian players and fans have treated symo

pretty fair assesment ;)
very fair assesment, racist pigs got what they deserved

again, symonds > india

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I have to wonder if I'm missing something. There were plenty of poor umpiring decisions - but they went both ways. Let's not forget:

- Ponting was given out LBW off a huge edge.
- Lee was given out LBW when clearly hit outside the line of off.
- In the Indian 1st innings Laxman was plumb LBW off Lee when 12.
- In the same innings Tendulkar was almost as plumb LBW of Clarke when 36. (Laxman's was hitting middle and leg about 2/3rds up, whereas Tendulkar's was only hitting leg about 80% up.)

How would India have gone if Tendulkar and Laxman hadn't received their two reprieves?

I'm not saying that the umpiring was good, or even that it didn't affect the match, but let's get some perspective here, it went both ways.
Dude if you are comparing LBW'S too.Then the amount of decisions going against India in the test triple to about 22.There WERE atleast three times when symonds was out LBW two of them plum of kumble and harbhajan.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Haha,as much as I was gutted to know about india's loss i couldn't help being amused. I was working in my company (yes,on a sunday),and when two overs were remaining and clarke was coming on to bowl, i told my fellow colleagues and seniors (who breathed a sigh of relief) that india has drawn the match, i was almost shocked at the result,and now i think those people are after me now.
For all the times to be over-confident, never do it when india plays...

By the way, no matter how bad the umpiring decisions India was still capable of drawing the match which it didn't, so I'll say 'Well done,Australia'... actually no, that doesn't seem right either.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Dude if you are comparing LBW'S too.Then the amount of decisions going against India in the test triple to about 22.There WERE atleast three times when symonds was out LBW two of them plum of kumble and harbhajan.
Laxman Tendulkar out and Lee not out ...just quietly.. (about LBW's)

SO do you have any proof?
and mods:why is he not being warned as the one who werte calling umpire biased were?
i have no proof the singh said anything, but the treatment by the crowds in the earliar series was ugly to say the least, so its karma for the nation :laugh:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would be really surprised if bucknor is not removed from the elite panel after this.
In India the media is absolutely bashing the aussies and there was a special show how the aussies target umpires and how they whinge if umpiring decisions go against them.

Indian board has just confirmed that either these umpires go or the team will not play.
Any mention of the latest in a long line of 2nd innings capitulations by India?

A draw probably would've been a fair result BUT the fact that India lost more than half their wickets to part-timers is a sorry indictment upon them

In all the talk about umpires, this seems to have been lost

^Heh, Aussies have never been racist to anyone either. :laugh:

its quite disgusting what some of our crowds and players have done in the past, but the cricket world has always gave it to us for it ( and we deserved it, its a bad thing )

apart from the australia, most of the cricket world want to let this one go to the keeper and you can't compare anything we have done as a cricketing nation to that mumbai crowd, that was just bad