• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Trossa

Cricket Spectator
Haha. Why would I get upset over a match involving two teams, neither of which I support?

Worst bloke.
Well you started being hostile towards me for no reason. But yes anyway, no need for arguments anymore, I just signed up and am already getting hated :D I'll give you something we both can agree on - the horrendous umpiring.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
1 more hour to go in this farce. Can 11 players overcome 14? The extra 3 being the the 2 on-field umpires and the 3rd umpire. All 3 have played HUMUNGOUS roles in tilting this game in Australia's favor.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can so see Yuvi making runs in the tour match and then going back to his usual rabbit in the headlights routine at the WACA.

archie mac

International Coach
If its 15 overs, thats an hour of play, right?

How come? I thought play always ended at the scheduled time on the last day (and its just past 7.40 here in NZ).
They have to bowl 15 overs in the last hour, there are now 15 overs left so it is the start of the last hour

they can bowl more then 15 overs in the last hour once it starts

Got it:wacko: :laugh:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Haha yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Where's the hysteria? He took a few seconds to walk people!
Erm, the difference between Clarke standing his ground and Ganguly standing his was that Clarke was cleanly caught. What was Clarke standing for. Was ridiculous.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Its surprising to see how Gavaskar and Ian Chappell differ on whether Clarke had completed the catch by the time he rolled over and then touched the ball in his hand at the end of his roll.

My own reaction was that the catch had been completed and the issue was only whether it had been cleanly taken to start with and I was very surprised when gavaskar so vehemently suggested otherwise. Now Chappell thinks as I do. Cant say who is right. Would love to know this one really.
my take on that is that while he was rolling, he was still in the "act" of taking the catch and he shouldn't have let the ball touch the ground...

Flem274*

123/5
This thread is pretty damn OTT.

Some of the catches are dodgy but tbh I didn't really know about some of the technicalities until Ali Akthar Khan (sic) mentioned them after the Sinclair catch.

This is the second catch of Clarkes that I can recall that has been labelled incorrect or at best marginal. Nothing will happen to him because he's the "golden boy" as Craig describes him but he might want to tread carefully in the future. It would be a shame to see his career ended over claiming too many dropped/marginal catches.

The umpiring is doing its best to make a farce of such a gripping contest. India deserve a draw here. Cannot wait for the next test.

JBH001

International Regular
They have to bowl 15 overs in the last hour, there are now 15 overs left so it is the start of the last hour

they can bowl more then 15 overs in the last hour once it starts

Got it:wacko: :laugh:
You being facetious, mate?

I honestly dont get that....

Evermind

International Debutant
1 more hour to go in this farce. Can 11 players overcome 14? The extra 3 being the the 2 on-field umpires and the 3rd umpire. All 3 have played HUMUNGOUS roles in tilting this game in Australia's favor.
If you count that way, it's 10 against 17, considering all the extra lives the Australian batsmen have had and the Dravid and Ganguly not-outs :laugh:

duffer

:laugh: I was thinking about posting a "Australia have used their 3 man advantage well" message earlier, but I decided against it seeing as though we'd get shot down for being bad bitter. 8-)

rama_v

Cricket Spectator
Really? I always thought that rule applied to every day of a test, bar the last day.

Damn....India really doing it tough....

How is the light looking in Sydney?
Light is looking superb...It stays bright here in Sydney until 8pm usually in summer. They only went off for bad light due to cloudy weather yesterday.

Trossa

Cricket Spectator
The Indian batsmen really need to stop padding up. It's going to end with more bad umpiring decisions and more hearts broken.

Perm

8-)

Perm

Dhoni playing really well under immense pressure, lots of men around the bat. Kumble again proving to be a fighter with the bat, akin to his knocks in the West Indies a couple of years ago.