• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good to see Dhoni get a few runs. Has been terribly out of runs this tour and this outing will do him a world of good. He looks completely relaxed as well which is important to try and save the test.

Trossa

Cricket Spectator
Do you think 4 pacemen is an option in Perth? I'd like to think not as Johnson really hasn't bowled too well this game.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ball was clearly grounded. Only the most extreme sort of bias would prevent a person from agreeing, and looking at this forum, it's apparently in abundant supply. :blink:
I thought it was inconclusive but considering the very generous benefit of the doubt Roy got in the first innings he should've been not out. Ah well....

archie mac

International Coach
I have just been reading some of this thread8-)

It's only a game of cricket, a very good one, I might add:)

I know this may not cheer up the Indian supporters, but one good thing that I think will come out of this game, is more use of technology, I am 99% sure we will have something "new" added by next summer:cool:

pup11

International Coach
I think he'll play anyway. I'm not entirely convinced he should play, but he's bowled better than I thought he would and added something with the bat as well. Symonds looking more dangerous than him in this innings won't have done him any favours but I think the selectors will like what he offers.

I actually think Johnson is bowling for his place in this spell, though. Unless he does something special here, I think Tait has leapfrogged him.
I think its wrong to say George bowled badly, i just don't think Ponting has shown enough confidence in him to use him well, but definitely Hoggy has bowled well and btw when was the last time an Australian wrist spinner to did well against India!
Agree with Princey Johnson's surely bowling to save his spot in this spell, so lets hope he can pull something special out of the bag.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Reading this thread - I am ashamed to be an Indian supporter. Most long standing members have been civil and mature about this, so that's good. It's possible to be unlucky....there is no grand conspiracy by the umpires to keep India from dominating the world of cricket guys.

Umpiring has been shocking though - if ICC don't pull their head out of the sand and do something about umpiring after this, they never will. The fact that they would allow a perfectly good Test series deteriorate because of easily preventable errors is completely beyond me.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
If Kumble and Dhoni manage to play out time we may still get a great end to this test match :dry:

Dhoni fighting hard along with the battle scarred skipper. Another 7 deliveries and Kumble would have fended off more deliveries in this one innings than Yuvi has done in all four so far. This was a fabulous time for Yuvraj to show his mettle in a tight scrap for survival which is what top test players do well besides winning when the chance comes. Sad that he didn't.

duffer

I have just been reading some of this thread8-)

It's only a game of cricket, a very good one, I might add:)

I know this may not cheer up the Indian supporters, but one good thing that I think will come out of this game, is more use of technology, I am 99% sure we will have something "new" added by next summer:cool:
Nup. Nice try though :)

What did bring a smile to my dial was hearing that we get to see more Super Stevie in the third Test.

Love Punter claiming the catch when the ball touches the ground. :laugh:

Perm

Dhoni's kept his place in the side then, good to see a bit of a reargurard knock from him.

JBH001

International Regular
The ball was clearly grounded. Only the most extreme sort of bias would prevent a person from agreeing, and looking at this forum, it's apparently in abundant supply. :blink:

I thought only the Indian fans can't be objective, but apparently the Australian fans are about the same (though a lot less emotional and abusive). No way in hell can you not see Clarke putting the ball straight on the grass when he's trying to get up.

I've lost all respect for Clarke, after he stood around after getting out and then this matter. This is the future captain of Australia?
Yeah, thats a fair comment I suppose.

Not that I have ever though much of Clarke (although he is a fine bat) as future captain of Australia. I dont blame him for taking the catch though - you take what you can get away with at this level, which is where good umpiring comes in. However, that said, there is no need to go on and on about fair play, its the hypocrisy that is really galling. And yes, Clarke's theatrics on his dismissal yesterday do indeed leave a sour taste in the mouth when coupled with this dodgy catch.

As to the posters, yes. IMO a certain number of Australian posters here are just as biased as a number of Indian posters, they merely do not get as worked up about the whole issue which is then reflected in their posts. This permits a veneer of moderation and reasonableness on the part of many of them. But if you look hard enough, you see it for the lie that it is.

Last edited:

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Interesting point raised by the commentators on Channel 9. The catch early on in Dhoni's innings, the ball clearly hits the ground...is it out? I still think its a catch, but don't think anyone could have seen hit Dhoni's glove without the replays. Even then it's still not conclusive.