• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gavaskar is pissed as well now - "Benson had taken Ponting's words. So why does Benson trust the word of a batsman who didn't walk when on 14 while he is fielding. If you have to take the fielder's word, why not take the batsman's word."
The same Ponting that called Dravid back when he was walking off in the first innings?

Sunny is an idiot I'm afraid

Evermind

International Debutant
The ball was very clearly on the ground in the act of taking the catch. The pickup was inconclusive, but in the process of rolling over, Clarke was supporting his body weight on the ball! That's pretty blatant, and I'm quite astounded that they would've claimed that.

Pretty incredible, the umpiring in this game. If it was a farce on the first day, it's beyond that now into.

duffer

Look seriously all this trolling makes me sick, if some people here don't like Australia fine than that's fine and if some don't like India than that's fine too, but don't just keep on ranting about everything that goes on out there, from whatever replays i saw i can that catch was clean but some guys just don't wanna listen.
If Benson clearly saw and was 100% certain that he saw that being taken cleanly then fair enough decision.

If he's taking the word of a guy who's already hoodwinked him in the first innings and a guy who stood his ground when belting it to slip then it's ridiculous. To me it looks like the second happened.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Its can not be anyone's case that the umpiring has been biased or that the umpires have been cheats. But it can not be anyone's case either that the umpiring has been of acceptable standards and that includes the poor decisions that have gone against Australia too.

Lets leave our silly nationalism aside and discuss a very serious matter with the seriousness and objectivity it deserves. The umpiring in this match has been amongst the most terrible in memory. The fact that its not because of any bias or cheating on the part of the umpires doesn't mean a damn thing.

I dont care who the bad decisions favour. The two biggest shockers in this game have just happened to be against India. Even if both of them would have been against Australia, the fact that they are shockers wouldn't have changed.

Grow up guys. This is about bad umpiring and not about which team you are supporting. By obfuscating the main issue with your team loyalties and misplaced nationalism you are only reducing the level of debate on a terribly important issue.
Gun.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
If little brown Indians, my countrymen, had any ****ing testosterone in their bodies, they would have choked Bucknor and broken Ponting's back.....racist bastards...they hate the way indians are.......and it shows in their body language....did anyone see how that ****** ponting was showing how clarke caught it...when he probably didnt even see jack....mother****er..........he was so racist in his body language....i think it is time for cricket's financial super power to show who is the boss......we can financially and militarily kick aussie ass and no reason for india to take this ****ting in their pants like sissies....time to stand up ....show who is the ****in boss....IF I WAS KUMBLE I WOULD SAY NO MORE CRICKET IN AUSTRALIA WITHOUT REFERRAL SYSTEM ....AND BUCKNOR BE FIRED RIGHT NOW....
Word.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Now, I haven't seen the catch, but let's be honest - if the ball lands within six inches of Clarke, he's going to claim it. Take a look at his hatchet job on Hopkins last month for a hint of his previous.

I was a big fan of Clarke up until the last couple of months, but his lack of respect for the traditions of the game and even the remotest sense of fair-play have seen him plummet dramatically in my estimations.

Not that he'd care, I'm sure.

Perm

Oh what a joke. Shut up everyone. That was a clean catch, plain and simple. If that happened in any other match where the umpires hadn't been so poor, no one would say a thing.
I thought there was enough doubt about the catch to give Ganguly the benefit of the doubt, but the replays weren't very conclusive either. Still, I think the umpires shoud have referred that to the third umpire.

As always, Indian fans don't think it was out, while Australian fans think it was.

duffer

If little brown Indians, my countrymen, had any ****ing testosterone in their bodies, they would have choked Bucknor and broken Ponting's back.....racist bastards...they hate the way indians are.......and it shows in their body language....did anyone see how that ****** ponting was showing how clarke caught it...when he probably didnt even see jack....mother****er..........he was so racist in his body language....i think it is time for cricket's financial super power to show who is the boss......we can financially and militarily kick aussie ass and no reason for india to take this ****ting in their pants like sissies....time to stand up ....show who is the ****in boss....IF I WAS KUMBLE I WOULD SAY NO MORE CRICKET IN AUSTRALIA WITHOUT REFERRAL SYSTEM ....AND BUCKNOR BE FIRED RIGHT NOW....
Enjoy your ban mate.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably follow a short-and-wide one. :laugh:
The best end would be him following a short and wide one, and getting out in the process, only for it to be actually a no ball, but then Bucknor not realizing it, and Aussies winning. The perfect end to this game, esp. with all the no ball problems so far for both teams. :laugh:

pup11

International Coach
The Aussie now really need to dig in and be relentless because picking up these last four wickets could be a lot harder than many think.

Trossa

Cricket Spectator
Typical fanatical Indian fan.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sequel to the following DVD will be highlights of the second test between India and Australia:

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought there was enough doubt about the catch to give Ganguly the benefit of the doubt, but the replays weren't very conclusive either. Still, I think the umpires shoud have referred that to the third umpire.

As always, Indian fans don't think it was out, while Australian fans think it was.
Its more like the majority of people believe it was inconclusive and lean one way or another - whilst a select minority believe it has bounced three feet in front of Clarke, Ponting raised Benson's finger for him and proceeded to run off the ground after Ganguly shouting 'you are out, you ****er!'

Perm

Post reported, just incase anybody else hasn't.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
If Benson clearly saw and was 100% certain that he saw that being taken cleanly then fair enough decision.

If he's taking the word of a guy who's already hoodwinked him in the first innings and a guy who stood his ground when belting it to slip then it's ridiculous. To me it looks like the second happened.
You have this strange obsession with umpiring decisions don't you? :)