• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Its can not be anyone's case that the umpiring has been biased or that the umpires have been cheats. But it can not be anyone's case either that the umpiring has been of acceptable standards and that includes the poor decisions that have gone against Australia too.

Lets leave our silly nationalism aside and discuss a very serious matter with the seriousness and objectivity it deserves. The umpiring in this match has been amongst the most terrible in memory. The fact that its not because of any bias or cheating on the part of the umpires doesn't mean a damn thing.

I dont care who the bad decisions favour. The two biggest shockers in this game have just happened to be against India. Even if both of them would have been against Australia, the fact that they are shockers wouldn't have changed.

Grow up guys. This is about bad umpiring and not about which team you are supporting. By obfuscating the main issue with your team loyalties and misplaced nationalism you are only reducing the level of debate on a terribly important issue.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
hahahahah its hilarious how every decision all the Indian fans on this board react, omfg the whole world is against you. Definitely the worst losers I have ever seen.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It isn't his fault that he's got some lucky breaks.
No, but it's not to his credit that he scored all the runs he did and took those two wickets. It shouldn't have happened. It's not his fault - I'm not blaming him for it, I just don't think he's a good cricketer.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
"The umpire asked some one (and it wasn't looking the third umpire) whether it carried and then made his decision. On a day like this, you can't really ask the fielder. It would blow my mind if he did." Bhogle on the dismissal.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its can not be anyone's case that the umpiring has been biased or that the umpires have been cheats. But it can not be anyone's case either that the umpiring has been of acceptable standards and that includes the poor decisions that have gone against Australia too.

Lets leave our silly nationalism aside and discuss a very serious matter with the seriousness and objectivity it deserves. The umpiring in this match has been amongst the most terrible in memory. The fact that its not because of any bias or cheating on the part of the umpires doesn't mean a damn thing.

I dont care who the bad decisions favour. The two biggest shockers in this game have just happened to be against India. Even if both of them would have been against Australia, the fact that they are shockers wouldn't have changed.

Grow up guys. This is about bad umpiring and not about which team you are supporting. By obfuscating the main issue with your team loyalties and misplaced nationalism you are only reducing the level of debate on a terribly important issue.
AWTA

The_Bunny

State Regular
Yep he must have known he didnt get close to hitting it. He was cheating.
Ffs this is ridiculous, I'll give you if Aus win this match it will be because of the umpires, but how easily people forget that India won the series vs England this year on the back of some poor umpiring as well!

I mean its one thing to say if it wasnt for the umpires India should have won the match, or at least not lost it.

But this is just to far imo!

Oh what a joke. Shut up everyone. That was a clean catch, plain and simple. If that happened in any other match where the umpires hadn't been so poor, no one would say a thing.
Just showed maginified replays - that HIT THE GROUND. Clarke had NO FINGERS underneath. He claimed a FALSE catch. not the first time - wont b ethe last. Amazing to see the Ch 9 commentary team - they believe Clarke and NOT ganguly. Simply AMAZING.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
That's it. That last replay confirmed it. NOT ****ING OUT. Clearly the ball bounced. Get your eyes checked ASAP if you believe otherwise. I hope the Indian dressing room saw that and walks off the field RIGHT NOW. There's no point continuing with this match.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
Yeah, it looked a bit dodgy live, but from the replays I think that Benson got a tough one correct. Out for mine.

The replay from the low mid-on camera, that showed the last couple of frames through Benson's legs looked like there were definitely fingers under the ball.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone

CW is a better place with you SJSers.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hahahahah its hilarious how every decision all the Indian fans on this board react, omfg the whole world is against you. Definitely the worst losers I have ever seen.
The collective dummy spit that went on after the 2005 Ashes tells me otherwise.