• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Benson had to make his own decision and if he couldn't decide, he should have given it not out.
Considering some of the decisions Benson didn't see, there's no way I could believe he saw that catch go cleanly in.

Trossa

Cricket Spectator
Bucknor should really retire. Tail could still definitely wag here. Kumble is in form and so is Harbhajan.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Gavaskar is pissed as well now - "Benson had taken Ponting's words. So why does Benson trust the word of a batsman who didn't walk when on 14 while he is fielding. If you have to take the fielder's word, why not take the batsman's word."

duffer

Gavaskar is pissed as well now - "Benson had taken Ponting's words. So why does Benson trust the word of a batsman who didn't walk when on 14 while he is fielding. If you have to take the fielder's word, why not take the batsman's word."
Sunil is spot on.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, you think this has to do with Watson? It's cold hard fact, he was out on about 30, he was out (IMO) stumped past 50, and Rahul Dravid was about 15m from hitting that ball, but you're well known for ignoring the facts in the face of complete idiotic bias towards your favourite players. No, I don't think Symonds should be in the test side, but I wouldn't have Shane in in front of him any time within the next 12 months and you know it.

All in all:
Haha, best picture. Was just looking for a sad one of Watson tbh.

Without a doubt Symonds was obviously out once and then had two/three/four close chances depending how you look at it. And also without a doubt that ball to Dravid wasn't out. But I didn't post after the Dravid one, only the Yuvraj wicket, which was top cricket.

What facts do you think I'm ignoring in the Bracken/Heal/Symonds stakes?

social

Its can not be anyone's case that the umpiring has been biased or that the umpires have been cheats. But it can not be anyone's case either that the umpiring has been of acceptable standards and that includes the poor decisions that have gone against Australia too.

Lets leave our silly nationalism aside and discuss a very serious matter with the seriousness and objectivity it deserves. The umpiring in this match has been amongst the most terrible in memory. The fact that its not because of any bias or cheating on the part of the umpires doesn't mean a damn thing.

I dont care who the bad decisions favour. The two biggest shockers in this game have just happened to be against India. Even if both of them would have been against Australia, the fact that they are shockers wouldn't have changed.

Grow up guys. This is about bad umpiring and not about which team you are supporting. By obfuscating the main issue with your team loyalties and misplaced nationalism you are only reducing the level of debate on a terribly important issue.
Exactly

I've been saying (and I'm no genius) for a couple of years that umpiring standards have deteriorated alarmingly.

This test match is simply the culmination of years of sub-standard performance

Whilst I cant be bothered looking up the figures, I'd bet that the % turnover in umpires is substantially less than that of players so it would seem that the groups are being judged on different criteria and/or umpires at the lower level are horrendous. Frankly, I dont believe the latter for an instant.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
I still can't understand why that wasn't referred to the 3rd umpire. With all the pitiful decisions in this Test Match you'd think the umpire would take the safe route instead of taking the word of the TEAM that's gonna gain most from the decision. There's certainly a replay out there that shows the ball bounced.

This is about to be the most UNDESERVED Test Match win in the game's history. And there's no way any of you can disagree with it.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I love you, but in a totally non-homo way. Absolutely perfectly said.
:laugh:

As long as you're sure, Bracken. :p

Totally agree with the wise bearded one though. The umpiring - from one man at least - has been utterly incompetent. While the decisions may have been going largely against India, the key concern is that he's making these decisions in the first place - regardless of who they affect.

pup11

International Coach
Look seriously all this trolling makes me sick, if some people here don't like Australia fine than that's fine and if some don't like India than that's fine too, but don't just keep on ranting about everything that goes on out there, from whatever replays i saw i can that catch was clean but some guys just don't wanna listen.

Trossa

Cricket Spectator
I still can't understand why that wasn't referred to the 3rd umpire. With all the pitiful decisions in this Test Match you'd think the umpire would take the safe route instead of taking the world of the TEAM that's gonna gain most from the decision. There's certainly a replay out there that shows the ball bounced.

This is about to be the most UNDESERVED Test Match win in the game's history. And there's no way any of you can disagree with it.
Because Hussey, Hayden and Symonds didn't make top quality hundreds? You can say Symonds was out on 30 all you want, but it doesn't matter now.