• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
LOL @ O'Brien's drop.

Good stuff from the openers though. Played some cracking shots on the highlight package I saw, plus a couple of streaky ones to boot but 'encouraging' signs nevertheless.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Me too.

I was in an internet cafe in Shibuya today and some guy was checking cricinfo...

And to make this on topic... How are England not gonna kill us in the Tests?
By having batsmen congenitally unable to get into three figures, no clue who our best wicketkeeper is, a pace attack that's nearly as injured as yours, a spinner fond of long hops and a tail that is arguably the most fragile in world cricket. That's how.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
By having batsmen congenitally unable to get into three figures, no clue who our best wicketkeeper is, a pace attack that's nearly as injured as yours, a spinner fond of long hops and a tail that is arguably the most fragile in world cricket. That's how.
That's ok, the New Zealand batsman were struggling to get into double figures in South Africa let alone contemplating the thought of scoring a hundred. Can’t see anything less than a 2-0 for 'us' tbh.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bangladesh! :(

Ashraful needs a big score, and Bashar definitely needs runs.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
****, Habibul undone by the short ball for the umpteenth time. I'll leave this one til the morning now.

Perm

Does Habibul Bashar deserve to be in the Test side? Hasn't scored a 50 since April of 2006 and I don't think he's made too many domestic runs either.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Does Habibul Bashar deserve to be in the Test side? Hasn't scored a 50 since April of 2006 and I don't think he's made too many domestic runs either.
TBF Bangladesh didn't play a Test for over a year from April 2006 and while his domestic form hasn't been that great, he notched up three fifties just before the tour in an NCL competition that has been largely dominated by the bowlers. I think he's there more for his experience in a very, very inexperienced side, although the way he's batting he looks like the least experienced out there.

Agreed though, his time has passed. Someone else has to stand up now, ideally Rajin Saleh.

Perm

Athar Ali Khan has a pretty good point here, but the rules of the game, that wasn't a catch as Sinclair grounded the ball in the process of taking the catch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TBF Bangladesh didn't play a Test for over a year from April 2006 and while his domestic form hasn't been that great, he notched up three fifties just before the tour in an NCL competition that has been largely dominated by the bowlers. I think he's there more for his experience in a very, very inexperienced side, although the way he's batting he looks like the least experienced out there.

Agreed though, his time has passed. Someone else has to stand up now, ideally Rajin Saleh.
How is Rajin not already playing, though? He's your best batsman as of now from where I sit. His test averages hovers between 27 and 30 and his first class average is 35. He looked extremely assured technically against Australia - even moreso than Nafees even if he scored less runs than him. I just don't get his omission; he'd be the first batsman on the list for me. Habibul, Nafees as a middle order player and Aftab is all much of a muchness but Rajin should definitely be there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How is Rajin not already playing, though? He's your best batsman as of now from where I sit. His test averages hovers between 27 and 30 and his first class average is 35. He looked extremely assured technically against Australia - even moreso than Nafees even if he scored less runs than him. I just don't get his omission; he'd be the first batsman on the list for me. Habibul, Nafees as a middle order player and Aftab is all much of a muchness but Rajin should definitely be there.
Especially in a seamer friendly place like NZ.

Perm

Apologies for the quality of most of these images, they were the best I could do.

Attachments

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to see that NZC and the OCA went a little old-school and let the crowd have a play on the field during the breaks...

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Is there anything worse in cricket than Ian O'Brien taking wickets?
Was thinking the same thing myself, though Ian O'Brien dropping catches would be up there as well. Particularly when the batsman is Jaques Kallis.

Desperately hope he doesn't get picked for the England series.