• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

sideshowtim

Banned
why that is not a contest .U can't think about a team taking 200 + lead over Australia ?
How is one side completly dominating a contest?

Why don't the people saying "all we really want is a contest" just plain come out and say it: "We want to see Australia lose, badly!".

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Why don't the people saying "all we really want is a contest" just plain come out and say it: "We want to see Australia lose, badly!".
Nope we want to see a team step up and compete with Australia. If that means beating them comprehensively so be it. At least it's a different and it brings some level of interest back in the series.

funnygirl

State Regular

Let us imagine a situation where Australia trailing by 200 runs .Wouldn't that be fun to watch how the best team in the world respond to that which they are not used to be?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Don't call for a contest, and how pathetic it is that no team is competing with Australia, and then just accept an unbalanced amount of poor decisions.

Its ruining a good game of test cricket. And other than the bias claims (which are silly), I see nothing wrong with people venting about it.
I don't think I've said anything about it being pathetic that no team is competing with Australia, but regardless, poor umpiring is hardly unique to this match. I find it very tiring that whenever certain teams play, most notably India and Sri Lanka, there is always an endless parade of whiners on these forums which make the official threads almost intolerable. It's hardly unique to this match.

Leaving that aside, it's one thing to think that a decision was incorrect or to be annoyed by it, it's another to go on and on about it for days and generally act like a tool and take it way too far. In this thread we've seen Australian players called cheats, umpires accused of bias, suggestions that not only the match but the entire series is over and/or worthless because of umpiring decisions, even when it was just one umpiring decision, and a number of excellent individual performances glossed over in favour of complaining and pointless arguing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

4th test, Australia vs. England - Ashes 2005

Australia made to follow on, great test match. Australia came back harda nd almost won.

Evermind

International Debutant
Well people call for a contest...And that's exactly what this match is. India creaming Australia by an innings isn't a contest I'm afraid.
You're mixing up the meaning of a "contest". What people want is a contest in the long term - Australia winning 16 tests to NIL by the opposition isn't a contest at all, is it? Is that what you want? So what people want is 15-1, which goes some way towards being more of a real contest. That's not unreasonable.

Anyway, that's irrelevant - bad decisions don't make a better contest, they make the match into a farce. It's as silly as saying it's good thing Tyson bit Holyfield's ear because that made it more of a contest with Holyfield seriously incapacitated because of his lacerations and blood loss and thus it evened out the odds for Tyson who wasn't doing so well before.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You're mixing up the meaning of a "contest". What people want is a contest in the long term - Australia winning 16 tests to NIL by the opposition isn't a contest at all, is it? Is that what you want? So what people want is 15-1, which goes some way towards being more of a real contest. That's not unreasonable.

Anyway, that's irrelevant - bad decisions don't make a better contest, they make the match into a farce. It's as silly as saying it's good thing Tyson bit Holyfield's ear because that made it more of a contest with Holyfield seriously incapacitated because of his lacerations and blood loss and thus it evened out the odds for Tyson who wasn't doing so well before.
:laugh:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think I've said anything about it being pathetic that no team is competing with Australia, but regardless, poor umpiring is hardly unique to this match. I find it very tiring that whenever certain teams play, most notably India and Sri Lanka, there is always an endless parade of whiners on these forums which make the official threads almost intolerable. It's hardly unique to this match.

Leaving that aside, it's one thing to think that a decision was incorrect or to be annoyed by it, it's another to go on and on about it for days and generally act like a tool and take it way too far. In this thread we've seen Australian players called cheats, umpires accused of bias, suggestions that not only the match but the entire series is over and/or worthless because of umpiring decisions, even when it was just one umpiring decision, and a number of excellent individual performances glossed over in favour of complaining and pointless arguing.
No, the bitching wasn't that India got a couple of roughies, it's that all the absolute howlers went against them. The decisions people are furious about weren't 50/50's but ridiculously clear cut and they've destroyed the game.

Thanks for labelling Indians and Lankans as being whingers too.