• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's true though. The reason this match is so competitive is because of the poor decisions. If not for them, India would've romped over us, and how would that be an enthralling cricketing contest?
Because a 1-1 series with a chance for Australia to lose a series at home for the first time in 15 years would be more exciting than the ****ty ass draw that this match will become? Or in the context of the match, this batathon is more exciting than watching Australia with their backs against the wall, trying to save the match (which you haven't seen since 2005 and don't tell me THAT wasn't exciting).

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have liked to see Hussey walk there, to save what's left of the integrity of the match. I mean put the ethics of walking aside for a second, the match has become a farce and an opportunity to give it any sort of meaning should have been taken.
Have they showed snicko or hotspot yet?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It'll be quite fitting if the rain ruins this match I reckon.

What a woeful tie Nicholas is wearing.

sideshowtim

Banned
Because a 1-1 series with a chance for Australia to lose a series at home for the first time in 15 years would be more exciting than the ****ty ass draw that this match will become?
Who says this will be a draw? What if the Indians rip through the Aussie line up after the rain delay? Who says Australia won't do the same to the Indians tomorrow?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Who says this will be a draw? What if the Indians rip through the Aussie line up after the rain delay? Who says Australia won't do the same to the Indians tomorrow?
Who cares what happens? It's a farce. It's going to be a draw anyway, but it doesn't really matter. India should just go for batting and bowling practice. Bowl outside leg stump - would be a fitting end to the match.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's true though. The reason this match is so competitive is because of the poor decisions. If not for them, India would've romped over us, and how would that be an enthralling cricketing contest?
Umpires should never alter the result of a match so dramatically. Sugar coat it all you want, but India winning this match would've been enthralling cricket even though you could never admit that.

Craig

World Traveller
Very good knock by Hayden. I hope rain doesn't ruin the game, will Ponting set up an interesting declaration or not.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
What if someone threw a rock at the moon and it broke in half and fell onto Earth?

sideshowtim

Banned
Umpires should never alter the result of a match so dramatically. Sugar coat it all you want, but India winning this match would've been enthralling cricket even though you could never admit that.
Well people call for a contest...And that's exactly what this match is. India creaming Australia by an innings isn't a contest I'm afraid.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well people call for a contest...And that's exactly what this match is. India creaming Australia by an innings isn't a contest I'm afraid.
Yes it is, and who said they would've creamed them. By rolling Australia over we would've finally seen what Australia is made of. Instead we see this wholly unsatisfying match as a result.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Lol at Ponting. Definitely Harbi's bunny which is more amusing than anything. The way Ponting is dominated by him is comical to say the least. Is it a technical thing? Or is it coincidence or just mental?
He puts his foot forward which means that he is committed to play at the ball. You don't pre decide to play the ball each and every ball. Often it also means that he may not be able to watch the ball till the last moment because of the early commitment to play the balls. Gavaskar mentioned these points on Star Cricket and I think he is spot on.