• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

jeevan

International 12th Man
Let's change the focus a bit.

What do you guys think about the fact that Ishant Sharma scored more than Dhoni, Jaffer and Yuvraj combined? :laugh:
That Lee's wicked with a new ball in hand?

These 3 gents have not gotten their act together in this series (and their places need to be scrutinized - esp Yuvuraj's causing Dravid to open)??

Or both of the above?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Since he is not out will have a great average .Way to go .
Not a convincing explanation .He saved the match ,not denying that .But after taking 150 it was pure crap and struggle to get ''not out '' tag . That was pathetic .

At the end of it ,i salute the man for that great knock .

Welcome to my ignore list. FFS. Worst kind of comments.

shankar

International Debutant
All out, finally. Awkward times ahead.

Must say though, I strongly disagree with Chappell critique of Tendulkar, he been out there for 6 hours today and some 75 overs, it's way to much to ask for him to start hitting boundaries at will, not to mention the 31 run partnership worked out well in the end anyways. If he started charging the ball as soon as Sharma came in he could have been out for a partnership of nothing so things worked out well in the end regardless.
Yeah, Tendulkar of the 90's would have gone for his shots. But now he doesnt back himself to consistently get boundaries now with the field back without getting out. So he might have thought a better option would be to give the strike to the tail-ender who can slog a few away with the field up.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ripper by Sharma, refreshed after his little cameo. Bowled pretty well in the first innings too I reckon. India need a wicket tonight, to keep the game alive

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Was at the NZ v Bangladesh test today, and the announcer kept reading updates of the SCG match. Was interesting to hear that Harbijhan scored 63 - would've thought Dhoni and Yuvraj would've made a better score than they did.
When it was announced that India has passed Australia's score the crowd gave off a cheer. Gosh we love Australia over here :p

Disappointed that I've missed Sachin's innings though. From all accounts it's been a great one?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Last two wickets gave us 187 runs. Tendulkar scored less than half those runs. So instead of crediting Tendulkar in the way he built those two partnerships when some one else would have tried to slog it out and maybe get 50-60 runs off the last two wickets, people start bashing him. It was a partnership of 187 runs for ****s sake. He analysed how well the tail enders could cope and had confidence in the tail enders. Also, he would have been tired (he has been batting the whole day) and don't know whether they could have gone on for 187 runs if Tendulkar kept most of the strike.
in the postmortem analysis, everything went well...but as a strategy, it is definitely dubious, how many times do you reckon that would actually work with our tail? not too often, i am willing to bet...unless of course he was just exhausted and had to do it...anyway our batting clicked, the "fab four" all made runs and the tail wagged spectacularly, so it's a pretty significant and kind of a "statement" innings for us...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
in the postmortem analysis, everything went well...but as a strategy, it is definitely dubious, how many times do you reckon that would actually work with our tail? not too often, i am willing to bet...unless of course he was just exhausted and had to do it...anyway our batting clicked, the "fab four" all made runs and the tail wagged spectacularly, so it's a pretty significant and kind of a "statement" innings for us...
Tendulkar didn't start following this strategy immediately with some one like RP. He saw that RP was fairly comfortable and only then did it. With Sharma, he was not giving the strike against Hogg but was happy to give it against the pacers as the pacers weren't able to do much on the wicket. Sharma was playing them pretty comfortably. On this wicket, it worked as a strategy to bat normally instead of trying too hard to manufacture stuff. It wouldn't on most wickets but on this wicket, here right now, it was a very good strategy and we are taking about here right now.