• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fifty on debut for Tamin! Impressive stuff from the eighteen year old, especially when one considers the guy unashamedly bats like a clown in one day cricket.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo- 'Oram to Aftab Ahmed, OUT, swing and a miss..... Oram pitches this bang on off stump and the ball goes through with the line, Aftab, who was scoreless all this while tries to desperation to get off the mark and goes for a wild swing over mid-on. The ball pegs the off stump back.'

Aftab’s gun. :cool:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
'Cause the selectors are clowns and would rather have an opener battin at #5. Shocking.
Rajin would have been the first batsman I selected TBH. Bashar's in decline and Rajin is their second best test bat ever - quite potentially their best in time. Dire, dire selection.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rajin would have been the first batsman I selected TBH. Bashar's in decline and Rajin is their second best test bat ever - quite potentially their best in time. Dire, dire selection.
Same. Just look at how well he performs domestically in comparison to their other batsmen.

In other news, I dreamt about taking a running, diving catch in the crowd last night and made it onto the match highlights and national news. Was gun. :cool:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Mortaza backing away whilst facing the pacemen, that's usually a decent sign that one he feels confident and two he will score some runs.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
What I meant is that it isn't a very big one.
Be realistic, for NZ crowd it is quite good. Although the ground isn't heaving with people it is decent for a game against Bangladesh and in Dunedin where this is a new ground and test match cricket has been absent for 10 years the crowd is fairly good. Also we need to conside that$ the students are out of town and many locals are on holiday around the country.
It doesn't always matter on how big the crowd is number wise, as long as it creates atmosphere I believe it is acceptable.

Perm

What I meant is that it isn't a very big one.
Still decent for a Bangladesh vs New Zealand Test being held in Dunedin, with all the students out of town. Hope Gegster is enjoying himself.

Perm

Hope Fulton can be not out at stumps, ready for a big hundred tomorrow.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Obviously not a great pitch?

Really hoping Bell stays in and tons up.

I would have thought Styris man for man would be a better pick than O'Brien. You'd still have 3 seamers in Mills, Martin and Oram plus Vettori with backup from Styris. Good enough and makes our batting very strong.

Perm

Obviously not a great pitch?
I'm not watching the game, but what makes you say that? Low scores don't always mean a poor pitch. From what I've read on cricinfo, the two New Zealand wickets to have fallen so far have come through good bowling.