• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Believe me, I can try as much as I want, I don't do this "get better at batting" lark. Top-score of 15 in the last 4 seasons.

I'm happy to bowl, and work the camera (me and my namesake will bring our varied-calibre implements).
I've got a highest of 8 in 4 seasons, annoying thing about that day is i would have scored more but i triggered my ankle that i'd had problems with and needed a runner and it went downhill from there.

Point is, i still have a bat because i figure eventually it'll just click.

Matteh

Wouldn't that work-out at another £2 per person for the unused half-hour?

Go for 1-and-a-half if you think that'd be better - I for 1 am unlikely to manage to bowl solid for 2 full hours - but I think we can play safe without too much danger can't we?
Go for 2 hours imo for the reason Perm said. 2 hours = £44, so still only £7 each when split between 6, only slightly more than a cinema ticket.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely 2 hours. And you are batting, Dickinson. We're almost all tailenders anyway, aren't we, so we're hardly going to show each other up.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Guys, everyone has to bat!!!!! It ruins the fun, otherwise. I'd rather not bowl but will anyway!
Btw Rich, how fast are you bwling atm? I'd rather not die....

Matteh

Guys, everyone has to bat!!!!! It ruins the fun, otherwise. I'd rather not bowl but will anyway!
You and Crampton bowl exactly the same, especially when i faced you right after each other with that white ball in the summer. Incidentially i think the fastest i've ever bowled is with that white ball and against you lot.

Everyone is batting, might have a word with James and see if i can get 7 dayers for anyone that doesn't bat.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2KtOlUih3E

Solid.

Everyone is batting, might have a word with James and see if i can get 7 dayers for anyone that doesn't bat.
:laugh:

"I can't see how you not batting helps the situation at all. This is a family forum and in a family, everybody takes part. You've been warned before about being a big wuss and I hate to do this but you're banned for seven days."

Anna

International Vice-Captain
You and Crampton bowl exactly the same, especially when i faced you right after each other with that white ball in the summer. Incidentially i think the fastest i've ever bowled is with that white ball and against you lot.
Hmmm. Anyway, my bowling will be taking a back seat in the summer because I'll be 'keeping :wacko: Not sure what possessed me to volunteer to do it :laugh:

Good idea :D

Matteh

Hmmm. Anyway, my bowling will be taking a back seat in the summer because I'll be 'keeping :wacko: Not sure what possessed me to volunteer to do it :laugh:

Good idea :D
I've acquired a set of gloves to do some wk-ing recently, figured that as i play in goal a fair bit already i wouldn't be too bad at it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I figured the exact opposite in the high summer of '95, when despite being a goalkeeper of some calibre for 3 or 4 years, I was struck on the nose, almost breaking it, in my one and only attempt at keeping wicket.

An experience I've no intention to repeat.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I figured the exact opposite in the high summer of '95, when despite being a goalkeeper of some calibre for 3 or 4 years, I was struck on the nose, almost breaking it, in my one and only attempt at keeping wicket.

An experience I've no intention to repeat.
Some say that remains the high point of Liam Plunkett's career. Others wish he'd been bowling more quickly at the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He can't, he's not good enough to. I intend to sledge him sometime whenever I attend a game he's playing in, with "you aren't even fast enough to break my nose!"

Last edited: