• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good squad, but I don't really understand why you would pick O'Brien in your squad ahead of Styris..

Days of Grace

International Captain
Personally I'm concerned Vettori will get the same treatment from the public and the media that Fleming had. It's already starting to fester in the country.

With McCullum proving a success up the order thus far who should take over the number 6 position in ODIs? Certainly not Sinclair, it doesn't suit him IMO. I think Vincent has the assets of a finisher and there is a young bloke who plays List A cricket for Auckland named David Houpapa who bats at 5 or 6 for them and has alot of talent. He learnt his trade in Australia too IIRC so he is one to watch out for. He had his first season last year and if he carries on his good form for another season or two and McCullum continues to open then I could see Houpapa in the 2011 WC side easily.

Happy New Year :)

I will give you my full-strength NZ ODI Side

How
McCullum
Sinclair
Fulton
Styris
Taylor
Oram
Franklin
Mills
Vettori
Bond

Sinclair should be batting at no.3 or 4 if he is to bat anywhere in ODIs. McCullum is there to cover for How and Sinclair's low strike-rates. Fulton may well be our best batsmen in the near future so deserves the no.4 spot. Then Styris is very good in the middle overs and if he can go into over 40 with Taylor, Oram and Franklin and Mills providing six-hitting power then we are looking allright.

Mouth-watering just looking at the side t.b.h. I just hope I see it on the park one day :unsure:

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Full strength odi

McCullum
Ryder
Taylor ( we need an attacking batsman at 3, his normal spot)
Fulton ( These two can accumulate and hit the gaps in the middle overs)
Vincent

Styris ( he would be the best option to do the finishing McMillan type role imo)
Oram
Vettori
Franklin ( Aldridge, cant be any worse, worth a try)
Mills
Bond ( Mason or Patel)

Tests

1)?
Sinclair
Fulton
Fleming
Ryder/ Vincent/Taylor
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Franklin
Mills
Bond

One of Taylor, Ryder, or Vincent would bat at 5 and another one of those 3 would replace Fleming when he retires.

Gillie

Cricket Spectator
Matt52 I don't totally agree with you!

Ryder shouldn't open. I think that once they start to get better, McCullum and How will do well.
Taylor should be at three.
Styris should be at four not Fulton.
Vincent shouldn't be at five, Fulton should be.
Oram at six.
Vettori at seven.
Franklin eight.
Mills nine.
Bond at ten.
Finally at eleven it should be either Gillespie or Patel at eleven depending on what type of pitch.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there are two overs to go, who would you rather have coming in? Mills or Vettori?
Vettori. Mills has only played the very rare good innings, and despite being a bigger hitter than Vettori, doesn't have the ability to time the ball aswell and generally score as many runs. If Mills continues to belt the ball out of the park and feature with cameos, then I'll look at changing my stance on this.