• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Xuhaib

International Coach
I seriously hope Pakistan loose tommorow only a humilating 2-0 defeat against India will wake up the selectors.

There is no way in hell that Sami, Iqbal, Hameed and Kaneria are among the best 11 (fit) cricketers in the country

funnygirl

State Regular
I seriously hope Pakistan loose tommorow only a humilating 2-0 defeat against India will wake up the selectors.

There is no way in hell that Sami, Iqbal, Hameed and Kaneria are among the best 11 (fit) cricketers in the country
Thats a shocking revelation from a pakistani:-O .

funnygirl

State Regular
No, because they have nothing to lose by playing. If they can pull off an upset, it will go down in history. If they lose as expected, no one will really be upset.
i have no idea why people have this sudden interest for India should win against the Aussies .Do India look that formidabble?

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Thats a shocking revelation from a pakistani:-O .
I am getting sick and tired now. Youngsters like Khurram Manzoor, Fawad Alam, Sohail Pathan, Adnan Raza keep on giving performances after performances but its still the tried and tested failures like Iqbal and Sami who are persisted with.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
i have no idea why people have this sudden interest for India should win against the Aussies .Do India look that formidabble?
They simply dont. Its more like 'so what you win against us, If you are any good try winning against Australia' and If India does win (however unlikely it may be), they will come back, oh it was a fluke.

It is a never ending argument.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Its not specially for India. No matter which ever team plays against Australia, everyone (except aussies) will support the team playing against Aussies.

But because this time India is in good form, expectations are high. Thats it!

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Serious answer: I'm sick of India's repeated and continued failure at the international level, and the fans' repeated satisfaction with their spineless performances.

It's driven people like pup11 to simply stop supporting their home team, and though at first I used to find it pretty annoying, I can fully understand where he's coming from now.

Perhaps there is some fighting spirit and belligerence in people like Sreesanth or Yuvraj etc - the new blood. I guess it's something to celebrate.

And what's all that unreasonable about what I said? India lost the previous match in Bangalore to Pakistan and the last match in SA in a very similar manner - just choked themselves to death on the 4th/5th day. It was very much a possibility today - I suppose I should be glad it didn't happen.

Now there'll be huge celebrations in India how the team beat Pakistan on a dust bowl - the real challenge is going to be the Australia tour.
This is a serious answer??

The 3 oldest members of the Indian team are Kumble, Ganguly and Dravid!! You are the first and only person to implicitly suggest that these folks do not have 'fighthing spirit' - it is not necessary to make an ass of yourself a la Sreesanth to be intensely committed & competitive.

Enough said!!

haroon510

International 12th Man
But they have some big sifarish or enough money to bribe the selectors,thats what is required to play for Pakistan these days.
i don't think yasir hameed has any sifarish.. he was out of the team despite a healthy average...and he wasn't given a chance for a while.. i still believe he has the potential to be the batsman who can solve the opening problems of pakistan...

so far he and butt has given a good start to pakistan in every innings in this series.. it is unfortunate that he hasn't manage to make a big score... he seems to be stragling when playing Kumble.. he has to work on his foot work and way how to face top spiners like kumble, Murali and soo on..

shortpitched713

International Captain
i don't think yasir hameed has any sifarish.. he was out of the team despite a healthy average...and he wasn't given a chance for a while.. i still believe he has the potential to be the batsman who can solve the opening problems of pakistan...

so far he and butt has given a good start to pakistan in every innings in this series.. it is unfortunate that he hasn't manage to make a big score... he seems to be stragling when playing Kumble.. he has to work on his foot work and way how to face top spiners like kumble, Murali and soo on..
I agree. Dropping Hameed at this point in time would do so much more harm than good. I'd have to say the same thing with regards to dropping Kaneria as well, as our backup Rehman has been about as good as we might expect Kaneria to be and we don't know if he can handle the burden of bowling as many overs as Kaneria regularly does.

Boot Sami and Iqbal though, as far away from the team as we might possibly be able to. Maybe permanent exile from Pakistan for Sami? :unsure:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why I'm starting to hate Tests in the subcontinent, and Australia, and I suppose every other place besides New Zealand.

Teams should not have to make so many contortions in order to get a result.
There haven't been too many contortions here recently, surely?

On point, the T20 last night was encouraging as we saw some real pace and bounce back in the WACA pitch. I agree with you to the extent that we need pitches to have individual characterisitcs, and not all be bland featherbeds which don't crack up, or aren't fast and bouncy to start with, if that's how they usually are.

Traditionally:
Perth - fast and bouncy
Brisbane - green and quick
Melbourne - trampoline bounce since drop ins have been used - seems to be pretty slow this year though
Sydney - a turner, but less so in recent years.
Adelaide - batsman friendly, but often a result day 5.
Bellereive - flat.

Of late, the pitches here have been homogenised to try and last 5 days to, presumably, increase gate takings. The sooner we get back to the traditional surfaces the better, imo. The change in conditions has coincided with a very strong Aussie side which has enabled them to still win despite having flat pitches for the most part. Doesn't mean it's good for cricket though.

BTW, based on the wicket last night, if Australia don't play 4 quicks in Perth they are stark raving mad. Clark, Lee, Tait, Johnson. Add some medium pace and off spin from Symonds as back-up.

Bring your helmets fellas.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great to see Misbah get another ton. Love the guy, reckon he's the heart of the Pakistani team right now.

This game is still alive but the first 1/2 hour today will tell the tale of whether India are interested in pushing for a result. The way I see it, if they spank the ball around for the first hour and get 320-350 in front then declare, game on. The reality is that India won't want to risk drawing the series so will probably get 400 in front and declare at lunch at best. Ganguly's batting suggests an attacking mindset but we'll see.....

jeevan

International 12th Man
Great to see Misbah get another ton. Love the guy, reckon he's the heart of the Pakistani team right now.

This game is still alive but the first 1/2 hour today will tell the tale of whether India are interested in pushing for a result. The way I see it, if they spank the ball around for the first hour and get 320-350 in front then declare, game on. The reality is that India won't want to risk drawing the series so will probably get 400 in front and declare at lunch at best. Ganguly's batting suggests an attacking mindset but we'll see.....
Exactly what India did at Kolkata, and Pakistan didnt bite at all. Not worth doing a second time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

It was fair enough that India declared in Calcutta as a win there would have meant that they had shut down the series. Here, I would prefer that they ensure that we win the series rather than make a game of this test. As you also say, that is what is likely too.