• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Bouncer

State Regular
oh wait, they just declared....

i think Karachi 1978 is Anil memory from childhood....and he doesnt waana have that repeated.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
oh wait, they just declared....

i think Karachi 1978 is Anil memory from childhood....and he doesnt waana have that repeated.
No team has ever scored 7.5 runs per over in a test match to win before ..... or maybe Anil knows better.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
ICC wants to know why the longer version of the game is losing spectator interest.

This is a deliberate effort to kill the game.

Amarnath talking bull **** about India not wanting to lose the game.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Great decision by Kumble. He has given the opportunity to Karthik to bat and get into some form which will do him a world of good. The keeper's spot has a fair bit of competition which is a good thing. I hope Pathan and company can get some good rhythm going in the upcoming session.

Well done India on a solid series win. Even when they were in trouble like in the first inning or when they lost players like Tendulkar and Munaf, they showed resilience and bench strength.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Amarnath comes up with a gem. "I dont think it is possible to bowl out a side in 60-65 overs in a test match.

In that great test at Kolkatta, India bowled Steve Waugh's mighty Australians out in 68 overs and 3 balls and that was some side.

Three years later they bowled out Australia at Bombay in 30.5 overs to win by 17 runs.

Jimmy has learnt from his late father to stick to what he says once howsoever ridiculous it makes him sound.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Why is that bull****? Do you feel that's not the reason for India batting on or do you simply disagree with such a reason?
Because I dont think Pakistan would have gone for 5.5 runs per over to win the game on this track.

Bouncer

State Regular
ICC wants to know why the longer version of the game is losing spectator interest.

This is a deliberate effort to kill the game.

Amarnath talking bull **** about India not wanting to lose the game.
I agree 100%.

310 to win from 64 overs.....would'ave made a good test match.....enough to keep Pak interested and, and an aggressive Pak batting gives India more chance to win and take series 2-0...Now Pak will just try to Bat out the game

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I agree 100%.

310 to win from 64 overs.....would'ave made a good test match.....enough to keep Pak interested and, and an aggressive Pak batting gives India more chance to win and take series 2-0...Now Pak will just try to Bat out the game
Erm, why should we have kept Pakistan interested? We have been ahead 1-0 in the series and cannot risk drawing the series to try and win it 2-0. The onus in such a scenario is on Pakistan to force a result, not India.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sharma bowling well, extracting decent bounce. He seems to be a much more confident bowler after his 5 wicket haul.

Bouncer

State Regular
Erm, why should we have kept Pakistan interested? We have been ahead 1-0 in the series and cannot risk drawing the series to try and win it 2-0. The onus in such a scenario is on Pakistan to force a result, not India.
y not keep Pak interested????? This gives chance to make this once lifetime (for most indian cricket followers)series win over Pak in India even better look.....this makes Pak feel even terrible for not winning any test match on this outing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
y not keep Pak interested????? This gives chance to make this once lifetime (for most indian cricket followers)series win over Pak in India even better look.....this makes Pak feel even terrible for not winning any test match on this outing.
Because winning the series is more important than the margin by which the series is won. You cannot risk drawing the series by keeping the opposition interested when you might ensure a 100% chance of winning the series by batting a bit more.

haroon510

International 12th Man
wtf are they doing? they are supposed to attack whent he lost a couple of wickets then they can go to definsive plane..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
If India had declared ten overs earlier it would have left Pakistan 336 in 58 overs at 5.8 an over. I dont see how Pakistan would have got that ?

If he had declared 15 overs earlier. It would have been 315 to get in 63 overs at exactly 5 an over. That was the perfect time to do it actually. And Laxman wasn't injured yet :dry:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If India had declared ten overs earlier it would have left Pakistan 336 in 58 overs at 5.8 an over. I dont see how Pakistan would have got that ?

If he had declared 15 overs earlier. It would have been 315 to get in 63 overs at exactly 5 an over. That was the perfect time to do it actually. And Laxman wasn't injured yet :dry:
5 an over would have a good chance. Even 5.8 wouldn't have been impossible. Don't forget that Karthik just got 52 off 67 balls.

This pitch has cracks and it has variable bounce. However, it is dead slow which means that it is not an impossible track to make runs on.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And Laxman wasn't injured yet :dry:
Laxman wasn't wearing the elbow guard. He has only himself to blame on this pitch which has had variable bounce. Highly irresponsible on his part. Thankfully, he hasn't broken a bone according to reports and it is not a serious injury but given that he is a rhythm player, I hope that it doesn't effect him in a big way - even a swelling or bruise takes time to heal.

Last edited:

Beleg

International Regular
What a disgraceful performance from the Pakistani openers here. Both of them seem to be playing for their place then any sort of team glory.

Bouncer

State Regular
Butt goes.......Ball keeping low at times and taking off on other times....

Thanks Anil Kumble for not declaring :laugh: soon