• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

haroon510

International 12th Man
this is just good i am enjoying this..

i think pakistan should attack now and take as many runs as they can before tea break.. declar the innings and let india bat after tea..

the bowle is keeping low and int his type of situation.. shoaib can be an asset for pakistan if he can bowle..

shortpitched713

International Captain
this is just good i am enjoying this..

i think pakistan should attack now and take as many runs as they can before tea break.. declar the innings and let india bat after tea..

the bowle is keeping low and int his type of situation.. shoaib can be an asset for pakistan if he can bowle..
Arafat should do well in the second innings, and hopefully a declaration will come soon. Lots of work if Pakistan wish to win this Test, but methinks Pakistan are one and a half bowlers short.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Arafat should do well in the second innings, and hopefully a declaration will come soon. Lots of work if Pakistan wish to win this Test, but methinks Pakistan are one and a half bowlers short.
so shoaib can't bowle? anyone.. can shoaib bowle? is he fit to bowle?

jeevan

International 12th Man
Ishant gets a 5-for too. (TBH he and other Indian bowlers had a few LBWs not going their way in this match, so it was not only a tail mopping excercise from him).

Evermind

International Debutant
India trying their utmost to somehow lose this match! A commendable effort.

India 626 & 27/2 (13.1 ov)
Pakistan 537

They lead by 118, but if they get bundled out for 150 or so (very likely), Pak in with a real chance.

edit: Dravid battling hard to save the match! Except...India are leading? Hmm!

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India trying their utmost to somehow lose this match! A commendable effort.

India 626 & 27/2 (13.1 ov)
Pakistan 537

They lead by 118, but if they get bundled out for 150 or so (very likely), Pak in with a real chance.

edit: Dravid battling hard to save the match! Except...India are leading? Hmm!
Serious question here.

Why are you such a huge idiot? Like there has to be a fundamental reason, I'm just curious as to what it is.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I wonder if either team are actually looking for a result here...

I mean, Sourav did play positively but that is the way he generally plays, tbh, at least since his comeback in tests....

I wonder if there is any real intent for a result in either side right now....

jeevan

International 12th Man
Karthik's stumping of Akmal was very good - small chance created and he took it. Even Harbhajan from the bowlers end couldnt fathom how he did it. Worth forgiving him a couple of dozen byes. Dont think he dropped any catches.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Karthik's stumping of Akmal was very good - small chance created and he took it. Even Harbhajan from the bowlers end couldnt fathom how he did it. Worth forgiving him a couple of dozen byes. Dont think he dropped any catches.
well, I only saw the match today, and he looked as good as usual today behind the stumps. Might have just been a bit of rustiness yesterday, I think...

As I said, hard to fathom how a guy as good as him can give away so many byes... I do think not practicing his keeping as much as he would if he were played or picked as a keeper must have played a part... He apparently dropped a chance in one of the Ranji matches he played as well, another thing that happens rather rarely...

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I wonder if either team are actually looking for a result here...

I mean, Sourav did play positively but that is the way he generally plays, tbh, at least since his comeback in tests....

I wonder if there is any real intent for a result in either side right now....
He is the one who knew whats the value of a place in Indian Cricket than any other cricketer. He performed at the need. I like his comeback.

Hoping Pakistan to go for attack from the ball one. Even if they dont win, they can be happy that they fought hard.

shortpitched713

International Captain
This is why I'm starting to hate Tests in the subcontinent, and Australia, and I suppose every other place besides New Zealand.

Teams should not have to make so many contortions in order to get a result.

Evermind

International Debutant
Serious question here.

Why are you such a huge idiot? Like there has to be a fundamental reason, I'm just curious as to what it is.
Serious answer: I'm sick of India's repeated and continued failure at the international level, and the fans' repeated satisfaction with their spineless performances.

It's driven people like pup11 to simply stop supporting their home team, and though at first I used to find it pretty annoying, I can fully understand where he's coming from now.

Perhaps there is some fighting spirit and belligerence in people like Sreesanth or Yuvraj etc - the new blood. I guess it's something to celebrate.

And what's all that unreasonable about what I said? India lost the previous match in Bangalore to Pakistan and the last match in SA in a very similar manner - just choked themselves to death on the 4th/5th day. It was very much a possibility today - I suppose I should be glad it didn't happen.

Now there'll be huge celebrations in India how the team beat Pakistan on a dust bowl - the real challenge is going to be the Australia tour.

Raghav

This is why I'm starting to hate Tests in the subcontinent, and Australia, and I suppose every other place besides New Zealand.

Teams should not have to make so many contortions in order to get a result.
I too echo it. The moment I hear of tests being held in subcontinent, I pity for the bowlers first. ... Don't like wickets where a result cannot be produced in 5 days

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Serious answer: I'm sick of India's repeated and continued failure at the international level, and the fans' repeated satisfaction with their spineless performances.
They're quite possibly the second best team in the world at the moment. What are you on about?

- the real challenge is going to be the Australia tour.
What's that got to do with anything? Everyone loses in Australia.

Raghav

They're quite possibly the second best team in the world at the moment. What are you on about?

What's that got to do with anything? Everyone loses in Australia.
He is challenging India to win against Aussies....! Just for change. But that wont happen. Australia will thrash India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just for change. But that wont happen. Australia will thrash India
But that means nothing. No one wins in Australia. It's not just India. Considering Pakistan lost 3-0 in three matches, SA lost 2-0 in three matches, England lost 5-0 in five matches, Sri Lanka lost 2-0 in two matches...nothing can happen in Australia that will really change my estimation.

Raghav

But that means nothing. No one wins in Australia. It's not just India. Considering Pakistan lost 3-0 in three matches, SA lost 2-0 in three matches, England lost 5-0 in five matches, Sri Lanka lost 2-0 in two matches...nothing can happen in Australia that will really change my estimation.
Then its better that India forfeit the series before they play in AUS...JK