• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Barney Rubble

International Coach
No need for comments like that I would have thought. Especially around something like a CW Meetup.

On a side note, nice to see you back mate. Would be good to catch up on MSN when you have the time.
It would indeed, hello again mate. :)

However, the only computers here I have net access on don't have MSN, so it'll have to be when I'm back in England from the 19th to the 5th. Curse the pupils who got MSN banned at school. :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd say it's highly unlikely. I may well be in the country, but the likelihood of me being able to afford a train ticket to Birmingham given that my English account is well into the red is very slim. Besides, I've got a limited amount of time to catch up with my Uni friends, so I kinda don't wanna go anywhere anyway to be honest.
Haha, didn't think I'd be able to persuade you TBH, you've been a busy man for a fair while now.
No need for comments like that I would have thought. Especially around something like a CW Meetup.
Well if you think so boss, but all I was saying was that she's not been very pleasant to me (which is not really up for dispute, she's said far worse than that - this for instance - most of which hasn't even received censure) so hence I don't bother reading many of her posts. Nothing too bad about that I thought.

James

Cricket Web Owner
However, the only computers here I have net access on don't have MSN, so it'll have to be when I'm back in England from the 19th to the 5th. Curse the pupils who got MSN banned at school. :laugh:
Use Google Talk mate, gets through firewalls and is much better than MSN anyway :)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Well if you think so boss, but all I was saying was that she's not been very pleasant to me (which is not really up for dispute, she's said far worse than that - this for instance - most of which hasn't even received censure) so hence I don't bother reading many of her posts. Nothing too bad about that I thought.
That smacks of the behaviour of a 5yr old to be perfectly honest.

There is no need to get nasty. I admit, I have gone a bit OTT in the past but it's only because you're such a pedant!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How is it 5-year-old behaviour? (Or nasty - on my part - for that matter) There's more than 1 other person whose posts I don't bother reading that much of, too. No-one's going to read every single post on the forum, even me.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Rich (and Anna), when James (or any mod) tells you that a discussion of some sort shouldn't be happening, that is not secret code for "Insult each other".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not insulting her though. Merely saying I don't particularly want to read her posts. If that counts as insulting someone then anyone who banged-on about ignore-lists non-stop (ahem... naming no names) would have received official warnings many times.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
How about e-messenger? Does that work?
Nah, all web-based AIM stuff is blocked. Yet to try Google Talk though, James, will give it a try. :)

EDIT: RESULT! It works. New address is gingerninja9997 at gmail dot com. :)

2ND EDIT: James, is it possible to add contacts with hotmail addresses to Google Talk? Or for them to add you? 'Cause I know very few people who have gmail, and if I ask them to get it just to talk to me they'll all tell me where to go. :laugh:

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, all web-based AIM stuff is blocked. Yet to try Google Talk though, James, will give it a try. :)

EDIT: RESULT! It works. New address is gingerninja9997 at gmail dot com. :)

2ND EDIT: James, is it possible to add contacts with hotmail addresses to Google Talk? Or for them to add you? 'Cause I know very few people who have gmail, and if I ask them to get it just to talk to me they'll all tell me where to go. :laugh:
Must try this Google Talk lark.

(H)

Attachments

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I'd like to apologise for my last few posts; I didn't really think much before I posted them & have now realised that it's all pretty stupid! Sorry to Richard & anyone else who had to read this - I'm not normally that cranky! (Damned groundwater recharge :dry:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How about if you only had to organise part of the trip? Could give you a lift some of the way without too much difficulty.
Depends on where I'd have to get to. On the whole I'd be keen on a game of cricket with proper forum cricketers.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Depending on the weather, you'd probably get that at the outside kids thing at Edgbaston.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, Mitchell, online at 5AM? Not been to bed or up early to watch SL-Eng like me?

Yeah, if it's decent weather and has been for the last few days so the place isn't a mudbath, a game's surely more than doable.

Liam - if you were to get yourself to somewhere somewhere near the M5 I could make a small detour.