• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next England Manager

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't quite decide who's taking the proverbial more there. :p

If Mourinho wants it and the FA can find a big enough wheelbarrow to carry the money he'll cost he's the only choice for me.

EDIT: Seems the former is the case anyway. From today's Observer: Mourinho: "Come and get me, England" :thumbsup:

Always a little sceptical with these "sources close to" stories, but it does seem very well informed with the bit about his daughter being bullied since they've gone back to Portugal.
It's an absolute no-brainer. Pick up the damn phone, Barwick, and ask him how much.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Redknap is probelly the best english club manger in the world but his way is keep chaging the team, but on the internatilanal scale the person i want for the role is Kilinsman who did a very good job the the German team who went that good, so i think he could make england really challange for major toullements again!

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
yes!!!!

there are some very good mangers out there whcih anyone can name

but redkanpp does do a very good job with his teams ie with west ham and pompy.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbh he lacks the credentials to manage england imo, seeing as he's never won anything of any note, nor done anything of any note, and his sucess has all been based on bringing in players from other countries (which is fine, and I rate him as a boss of a mid table side like portsmouth) which does little to suggest he could be a sucess at this level.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently Guus Hiddink is in the frame now after contract difficulties at Russia. I say sign him up.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yeah, way to rule yourself out.
The man has style. You can't argue with that.

So... who's left who hasn't been ruled out someplace or another? Ian Holloway's just taken over at Leicester, so he'll be out of a job in a week or so. It'd be entertaining if nothing else...

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
i still wont redknapp as next england manger but he has said he was only arrestred for questions and that is the end!

so my choises are him(redknapp), Benitez (if he gets sacked) or O'Neil (who might consider the job)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha got to say i doubt this is the end, the police have stated "this gentleman is helping us with investigations", which is a standard translation for "we want to charge him but we haven't got the evidence".