• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Laurrz

International Debutant
Cricinfo making a few comments that SL fielding was not up to par.

I did not watch the match being at work - but any comments as to the fielding?
yep, a bit sloppy... Jaques would've been out twice had they hit the stumps actually.. and they (particularly Hussey) stole a lot of quick singles that perhaps shouldn't have been there.. was all too easy

but yea, generally very poor... lots of fumbling and stuff..no dropped catches though..but i can't recall one spectacular fielding effort to save runs

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yep, a bit sloppy... Jaques would've been out twice had they hit the stumps actually.. and they (particularly Hussey) stole a lot of quick singles that perhaps shouldn't have been there.. was all too easy

but yea, generally very poor... lots of fumbling and stuff..no dropped catches though..but i can't recall one spectacular fielding effort to save runs
There was one dropped catch early on at second slip, but it was a very tough chance, very low and wide.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm seems the pitch was giving assistance in the morning session but SL bowlers unable to take a wicket. Perhaps Vaas would have struck with his skill and intelligence?

Another silly ploy in this attempt to mould Fernando into the leader of the attack.
Fernando was a better than his stats suggest. He just doesn't seem to carry the idea of trying new things - being different, so to say.

Craig

World Traveller
Well clearly Sri Lanka don't want to win. Dilhara Fernando must have some incrimating evidence on him about Sri Lanka's selectors.

irfan

State Captain
Well, at the start of the Gabba Test. I was wodnering why all this furore of worrying about picking Jaques ??
The guy is a star in the making and will end up with a test match average in between Langer & Haydos. On the evidence of today's form, he cud well exceed both.

Hussey, I'm convinced he isn't human. He's a machine programmed to score centuries with no stop or reset button. Even Bradman would be worrying in his grave thinking "C'mon, get ure frickin act together bowlers he's only 12 behind me. This record was my legacy, I can't have some West Aussie knock it off with ridiculous ease."

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah lol! First Lara, and now this!

Seriously though, how effin good is Hussey? Can anyone or anything stop him?

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Captaincy?

I wonder how many years Hussey has left in him. I bet people in XX years time will be asking questions about who the hell this Hussey guy was & what the deal was with him. By that time statistical manipulation will be so advanced that the arguments against Hussey will be mind blowing.