• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

pasag

RTDAS
Are you backing Flintoff to retire by then mate??
Wouldn't expect him to be there. If he has any medium to long-term injury free run over the next few years I'll be very surprised. Can see him being forced out of the game because of it sooner than later as well.

pasag

RTDAS
This big score thing by Jaques is rather exciting. The ability to buckle down after 100 and say that that is not enough, like what he said after the First Test is a trait I value immensely and his calmness and temperament even after many hours at the crease seem extraordinary. Big time player, this.

pup11

International Coach
This big score thing by Jaques is rather exciting. The ability to buckle down after 100 and say that that is not enough, like what he said after the First Test is a trait I value immensely and his calmness and temperament even after many hours at the crease seem extraordinary. Big time player, this.
He surely is a big time player who would score big runs at a fair clip and the fact that there was even some confusion over whether to include him in the test side or not just makes me laugh now.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I must say I don't mind these Ford ads, but Huss i just such a hilariously bad actor.

Love it when he tries to give evils into the camera like the others and just looks at the camera.

Bugger - Jaques out to Jayasuriya for 150.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't see attacks consisting of Harmison, Anderson, Broad, Tremlett, Sidebottom troubling him (or anyone for that matter), come '09.
Agreed. It's just an odd technique for someone in this day and age.

Re. Flintoff - if he's there and bowling well but surrounded by that fairly mediocre list mentioned above, what will be the difference between what we saw in 06-07, or even what we're seeing with Murali and the rest of the SL attack now, and 2009?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Out of curiosity, a clause in Mike Hussey's job description must be to deliver the hug from the other end after one scores a ton! That's the third time he's done it in two innings. He wasn't short of them during the Ashes, either.

Loving it. He's the consummate team man.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jaques is a classic case of "not how but how many."

You can guarantee that coaches have tried to change him over the years but thankfully he's stuck to what works.

JBH001

International Regular
Hussey looking well set for another magnificent hundred.

It may be that the only bowling line-up in the world that can take on the Australian batting is the Australian bowling line-up. I dont think SL can retrieve anything from whats left of play today (though its certainly not been for lack of trying) but hopefully tomorrow we can make some inroads or else its going to be the Gabba all over again in Hobart.

Laurrz

International Debutant
holy **** Husseys a freak

3/329

one wicket per session... dont think you could get a better day really... day 1

we are about 100 runs ahead of the gabba test when we were 3/230 or something... :D u know what i mean..

JBH001

International Regular
Cricinfo making a few comments that SL fielding was not up to par.

I did not watch the match being at work - but any comments as to the fielding?

JBH001

International Regular
Hmm seems the pitch was giving assistance in the morning session but SL bowlers unable to take a wicket. Perhaps Vaas would have struck with his skill and intelligence?

Another silly ploy in this attempt to mould Fernando into the leader of the attack.