• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Australia got a lucky breakthrough in Sanath's case no doubt about that but to say Aussies always get the rub of the green going their way is wrong.
Well its an absolute common occurrence every Summer I have watched Cricket in Australia for at least 10-15 years...and it seems they invite guys like Rudi over and over for that reason....

Every summer in every Test the Aussies get at least 2-3 a Test on average...and this today was the first of those for this Test....And I expect couple more of these from Rudi and possibly Tony Hill in the morning session tomorrow.

The Australian slip cordon and Gilchrist in particular were pretty culpable in this instance for misleading the Umpire ....and Rudi with his deaf ears(he acknowledges wearing hearing Aides) is a fool if he thinks the Aussies only go up in Appeal for genuine nicks...

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The Australian slip cordon and Gilchrist in particular were pretty culpable in this instance for misleading the Umpire ....and Rudi with his deaf ears(he acknowledges wearing hearing Aides) is a fool if he thinks the Aussies only go up in Appeal for genuine nicks...
The Australian slips cordon didn't go up just Brett Lee....

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia has again demonstrated why they are still the Best Team in the World....Great batting by Hussey and Clarke....

Brilliant batting...they have put Australia Right on top ...

Murali was as poor as the rest of them...and SL failure to have Malinga in the squad would ensure they get a real good drubbing possibly by innings even...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well its an absolute common occurrence every Summer I have watched Cricket in Australia for at least 10-15 years...and it seems they invite guys like Rudi over and over for that reason....

Every summer in every Test the Aussies get at least 2-3 a Test on average...and this today was the first of those for this Test....And I expect couple more of these from Rudi and possibly Tony Hill in the morning session tomorrow.

ACB is not responsible for appointing umpires (it's only teams from the sub-continent that have that privilege)

Anyway, Rudi is an incredibly poor umpire and has been for years

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This is easily Lee's best spell of test match bowling since the '05 ashes imo.
Boxing Day '06 and one of the evening spells in the tour of South Africa were better IMO, but he was awesome tonight as well. Second innings in Adelaide last summer he was great too. Rate Lee so much in tests these days.

Anyway, Hussey and Clarke were absolutely awesome. Clarke did brilliantly to come back from struggling early like that, and Hussey's just unbelievable. Murali bowled pretty well given the conditions and all IMO, but everyone except Jaques played him very well.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Last time they kept Malinga out, was IIRC the First Test v England which they narrowly saved...before he was included and SL won that series 1-0. The selectors seem to have not learnt a thing from that....Mahela's Captaincy record they speak of is largely due to that guy being in every Test during this time...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
No they did lead by Gilchrist...
Putting your hand up and quitely asking howzat doesn't equal leading an appeal. There was a noice it wasn't bat, but you can't have a go at players for asking. Its not liked anyone behind the wicket jumped up and down appealing. Only Lee really went up. It wasn't much of an appeal at all. If an umpie makes his decisions on the level of an appeal, most would have given that not out, as only Lee made a confident appeal.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lankan target tomorrow should be to last the whole day and get past 351 (the follow on target).

The Australian bowling bar Lee looks pretty inocuous ...and as long as they get through tomorrow First session they will be ok, IMO....

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Putting your hand up and quitely asking howzat doesn't equal leading an appeal. There was a noice it wasn't bat, but you can't have a go at players for asking. Its not liked anyone behind the wicket jumped up and down appealing. Only Lee really went up. It wasn't much of an appeal at all. If an umpie makes his decisions on the level of an appeal, most would have given that not out, as only Lee made a confident appeal.
But there were 3 slips and Gilchrist who went up...enough to fool a deaf umpire like Rudi..:laugh:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lankan target tomorrow should be to last the whole day and get past 351 (the follow on target).

The Australian bowling bar Lee looks pretty inocuous ...and as long as they get through tomorrow First session they will be ok, IMO....
To call Stuart Clark innocuous is to do so at your own peril IMO.

Bracken

U19 Debutant

Wow! Conspiracies...pointless hyperbole...questionable statistics... That post truly had it all.

Well played, sir.

sideshowtim

Banned
Wow! Conspiracies...pointless hyperbole...questionable statistics... That post truly had it all.

Well played, sir.
Haha.

Snickometer showed a noise when the ball was near the bat. Now it didn't hit it, but there definitely was a noise and could be heared while watching live too. I'm not sure what it was exactly but there was certainly a noise and you can excuse Lee and the slips for getting excited. In retrospect, it was a poor decision. However you can hardly accuse the Australians of foul play when there was a noise as the ball passed the bat. whatever it may have been.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
No need to bring the truth into this. You've done so well without it.
It hurts doesn't it .... I mean does the Best Team need all this help to defeat teams in their own back yard...?

I would say no...it doesn't....I mean this whole business of Ricky Ponting putting pressure on Umpires about light even before the innings had started etc... if someone else did it there will be huge hugh and cry about this sort of thing but he just gets away with it ...its an Australian thing isn't it...I mean George Gregan did it all the time back chatting referees ...same Punter arguing with Umps and pressurising them (ie Aleem Dar and others) today with Rudi before the SL inninngs even got started....I mean is it all necessary ....Can't you just win just by playing good Cricket alone...without getting all this sort of assistance ...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

8-)

Second day of the Test and here we go. Seriously Jason, you may aswell not watch the cricket if all you're going to do is ****ing complain.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
8-)

Second day of the Test and here we go. Seriously Jason, you may aswell not watch the cricket if all you're going to do is ****ing complain.
I will not raise this issue again unless there is any genuine reason...and thats my promise.