• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

The_Bunny

State Regular
I didn't see the nick on the edge. If there was something there so as you said we realy need a super slow mo to try and see any diversion for real confirmation.
Yeah with a close descision like that you would have though they would have showed the hot spot again and at least one super slow mo, and where was sniko:dry:

Not sure that it was out, but I wouldnt put money on that:unsure:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It seems like every time that the umpire might have been wrong, they don't want to replay it. Well, especially if it's in Australia's favour. I guess Ch 9 are happy enough showing one million replays in super slow motion put to crap music.

chalky

International Debutant
Yeah with a close descision like that you would have though they would have showed the hot spot again and at least one super slow mo, and where was sniko:dry:

Not sure that it was out, but I wouldnt put money on that:unsure:
On cue - still not sure TBH.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm with SSTim here. He complained about India getting the rub of the green in that game, yeah. But he didn't say that India always get the "luck" from the umpire's and etc.

You're just victimising him on his reputation and putting words in his mouth, Usher.

pup11

International Coach
Well Australia got a lucky breakthrough in Sanath's case no doubt about that but to say Aussies always get the rub of the green going their way is wrong.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I'm with SSTim here. He complained about India getting the rub of the green in that game, yeah. But he didn't say that India always get the "luck" from the umpire's and etc.

You're just victimising him on his reputation and putting words in his mouth, Usher.
Don't see why he was crying post after post despite being requested not to be a spoil sport if he understands, as he puts it right now:

SST said:
Every side gets good luck and bad luck

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kerry O'Keefe says he isn't fully convinced on Mitch Johnson yet due to his trajectory. He makes an interesting point tbh. Thoughts?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Kerry O'Keefe says he isn't fully convinced on Mitch Johnson yet due to his trajectory. He makes an interesting point tbh. Thoughts?
He really needed one more full season of FC cricket before he got Test cap. I really don't think he's the finished article by a long way.

pasag

RTDAS
It seems like every time that the umpire might have been wrong, they don't want to replay it. Well, especially if it's in Australia's favour. I guess Ch 9 are happy enough showing one million replays in super slow motion put to crap music.
Yeah, realised this last summer, they don't show many hawkeyes and slow mos against Australians, but in their favour there is no shortage of them.

sideshowtim

Banned
Think he was bowling a bit too wide. Looked OK without being brilliant. Hope he has a better day tomorrow.

It's hard to judge bowlers in conditions such as these though. Not a lot happening for bowlers out there.

pasag

RTDAS
Heard that in the car, thought he was talking poo tbh and trying to be critical for the sake of it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, realised this last summer, they don't show many hawkeyes and slow mos against Australians, but in their favour there is no shortage of them.
I felt it was more any close decision they showed no coverage at all regardless of whether it was for or against Australia. Basically for some reason they were protecting the umpires.

sideshowtim

Banned
Don't see why he was crying post after post despite being requested not to be a spoil sport if he understands, as he puts it right now:
I don't have a problem with him being upset that Sri Lanka were unlucky, I have a problem with his claim that Australia have more luck than any other side and are always getting lucky.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heard that in the car, thought he was talking poo tbh and trying to be critical for the sake of it.
DWTA, O'Keefe isn't the type to be critical for the sake of it, if it was Roebuck I'd agree, but not Skull. Generally calls things as he sees them imo, and provides some great insight when he's not cracking funnies.

pup11

International Coach
Well for me he hasn't made the batsmen play enough with the new ball, his line was outside the off-stump and he was angling the ball away from the right handed batsmen, but the problem is if he doesn't swing the ball back into a right handed batsman then he becomes a very predictable bowler which is a problem, his pace has been good so far but lets see how he bowls in the remaining game.

sideshowtim

Banned
Well for me he hasn't made the batsmen play enough with the new ball, his line was outside the off-stump and he was angling the ball away from the right handed batsmen, but the problem is if he doesn't swing the ball back into a right handed batsman then he becomes a very predictable bowler which is a problem, his pace has been good so far but lets see how he bowls in the remaining game.
I think it was a nice move by Punter to give him the new ball. Shows he has faith in the guy in his first Test, and it'll fill Midge with confidence. So good captaincy on that part. Thought he was a bit late in bringing on Sarfraz though...In the end, we got 2 wickets while Midge would've got a bit of confidence. So all's well that ends well I suppose.

Well timed declaration too.