• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Australia to get 600 plus and inflict an inning defeat if rain doesn't spoil the game. Sri Lanka had a slight opportunity when Murali came on to bowl. However, there was no pressure from the other end which meant that Australia got out from a dicey period unscathed. Now, the pitch is slower and a beauty to bat on. The ball is not new either. This is what separates champion sides from average ones - champion sides don't let the pressure off and keep at it. All the 11 players are going at you if even if one doesn't fire, the others can carry him. In average sides, more often than not, it is 2-3 players trying to carry the other 8-9 which means you come out very short against a top side.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Btw, how has Murali bowled? I only saw his first over today and did not get the chance to watch his current spell, though if I am luckly I may get to watch the last hour of play, and it seems like he has gone for a few but sometimes that is no indication...
Bowled just as well as he always does, unlucky not to have a wicket or two TBH.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Fair enough. Didn't think it was deserving myself, and thought sideshowtim was just having a laugh, being his biggest fan.
He is insecure about Ponting and can't tolerate even the slightest criticism. Pretty boring after a bit and deserved the ughs and rolls eyes.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His leg/foot, thought it was a Hammy for a moment. He still doesn't look comfortable imo.

Proof? I'm not doubting you, it just seems strange that no other countries write his name in that way if it is his 'official' name.
Don't have any actual proof, just going by what i've heard on the radio tbh. Glenn Mitchell said it's what's on his passport and his kit bag, and they were talking about how former coaches (Tom Moody for example) had said it was Muralidaran. Spelling it with the TH is the western way..

:(:(:( Ponting

stephen

Looks like Chuck gets another wicket chucking. Brings his average to Ponting down to somewhere in the vicinity of "extremely high" instead of "astronomical".

Johnners

I'll be biased and say that imo Ponting was hampered by his foot, but still, a fantastic delivery .

Perm

Ricky Ponting looking in top form. It'll take a good piece of bowling to get him out. Would put $10 on a century for him if I was old enough.
Would've been a wasted $10, but it was a very good piece of bowling to dismiss him. Fantastic keeping from young Jayawardene too.

Perm

Don't have any actual proof, just going by what i've heard on the radio tbh. Glenn Mitchell said it's what's on his passport and his kit bag, and they were talking about how former coaches (Tom Moody for example) had said it was Muralidaran. Spelling it with the TH is the western way..
I see. Seems even stranger that Australia would still call him Muralidaran if using 'th' was the western way.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Winner of this round:

Murali

Brilliant contest.
There's the small matter of 56 runs before he got Ponting, y'know. It's probably more like par. Great ball and excellent bowling but Ponting did score a half-ton.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Really? Would say that was an even contest.

Jayawardene's wicket-keeping has been excellent today.
A fair enough call but I'd say with the way Fernando's been bowling, I'd edge Murali in the contest. Yet as Ponting was already 50+ it's very debatable.