• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
And the donkeys that would bray for Fernando's inclusion should be let off? :unsure:

In fact, Mahroof's been the far better of the two bowlers. Needs to work on some variations, and he could really be very useful at Test level.
Before the start of this Test Maharoof Strike rate 95 + , 24 wickets in 18 Tests ie 1.33 wickets a Test . Fernando Strike Rate 52 , 77 wickets in 27 Tests... Maharoof picked some meaningless wickets in the practice match and the Brainless bunch at the selection panel took him ahead of Malinga.
Dilhara was expected to play regardless....I agree he has been crap today ...that's the nature of the Beast... Maharoof does play the pretender role very well...but never succeeds in getting wickets as his record shows.

Dilhara's performance may have been different if Malinga was in the squad...ie - a couple of early wickets and he is very threatening....Besides Tony Hill obviously got onto him (probably briefed before hand) about his running on the pitch before he even got a chance to settle in and never gave him an opportunity to settle in...But Maharoof is use less ....he may be there and thereabouts but never much to show on the score sheet...and today proves it again...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Before the start of this Test Maharoof Strike rate 95 + , 24 wickets in 18 Tests ie 1.33 wickets a Test . Fernando Strike Rate 52 , 77 wickets in 27 Tests... Maharoof picked some meaningless wickets in the practice match and the Brainless bunch at the selection panel took him ahead of Malinga.
Dilhara was expected to play regardless....I agree he has been crap today ...that's the nature of the Beast... Maharoof does play the pretender role very well...but never succeeds in getting wickets as his record shows.

Dilhara's performance may have been different if Malinga was in the squad...ie - a couple of early wickets and he is very threatening....Besides Tony Hill obviously got onto him (probably briefed before hand) about his running on the pitch before he even got a chance to settle in and never gave him an opportunity to settle in...But Maharoof is use less ....he may be there and thereabouts but never much to show on the score sheet...and today proves it again...
Tony Hill was communicating very well with Fernando mate, and it's not due to any briefings, it's the fact that there is some moisture in the pitch so it needed to be taken care of early on. Making mountains out of mole hills.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Please don't blame Fernando's crapness on Tony Hill.
Yup, he's been ordinary.

You'd back Jaques for a big ton from here, wouldn't you? Didn't look like it at all pre-lunch but he's still there and once he's set, tough to get rid of.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha, whoosh.
Mate I roll eyed because I was in no way suggesting that Ponting is being made a fool of yet reflecting the battle between Murali and Ponting has been equal. If he looked a little further into what I said he would have realised I said he's been misreading Murali as much as been hitting a good shot. Knew full well he was being sarcastic, just thought he was being a prick to me.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Besides Tony Hill obviously got onto him (probably briefed before hand) about his running on the pitch before he even got a chance to settle in and never gave him an opportunity to settle in
8-) And so it starts.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mate I roll eyed because I was in no way suggesting that Ponting is being made a fool of yet reflecting the battle between Murali and Ponting has been equal. If he looked a little further into what I said he would have realised I said he's been misreading Murali as much as been hitting a good shot. Knew full well he was being sarcastic, just thought he was being a prick to me.
Fair enough. Didn't think it was deserving myself, and thought sideshowtim was just having a laugh, being his biggest fan.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fair enough. Didn't think it was deserving myself, and thought sideshowtim was just having a laugh, being his biggest fan.
Pontings best batsman in the world easily but that doesn't mean he's dominating the best bowler, all I was trying to say. Apologise if I've went over the top though.

:laugh: yeah

Murali at one end, 3rds at the other.

JBH001

International Regular
Watched the test today until an hour short of the Tea break and all I have to say is:

>_<

>_<

>_<

Especially at the performance of Dilhara Fernando who bowled turd after turd...

*Sigh*

Its going to be 2 days (and perhaps more) of toiling for the SL bowlers and fielders I think.

Btw, how has Murali bowled? I only saw his first over today and did not get the chance to watch his current spell, though if I am luckly I may get to watch the last hour of play, and it seems like he has gone for a few but sometimes that is no indication...