• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Andy Bichel (y) first QLD player i ever met in person, such a legend. Hoping he gets a ton.

Johnners

Just reported on ABC radio that Tait is out of the test squad with an elbow injury, meaning Johnson is all but assured of his test debut. Hilfenhaus has been called up to replace Tait.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Prediction

Australia to take the Murali- Warne throphy. BTW this is very good idea I think to honour the two legends.

Laurrz

International Debutant
http://aus.cricinfo.com/ausvsl/content/current/story/318190.html

obviously bad for Tait... but i believe Hilfy is better than him anyway... so in a way not a big loss...and he prolly will be 12th man anyway

An attack of Lee Johnson Clark Hilfy doesn't bother me either..but doubt they'll go with 4 pace attack..

no doubt if the conditions allow... he would be extremely hard to play with his accurate pacey swing bowling

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Very disappointed that Tait is out, was really hoping that Australia would unleash a 4-prong at the Sri Lanka's with the Lee/Tait partnership the forefront of the assault.

Also looking at the QSL vs SRI game, Noffke's performances of late with ball & bat surprisingly have been well very impressive. A good all-round season could see him in the Australian side by the time the tours to Pakistan & West Indies come around.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Over 3.6: OUT!! Jayasuriya fails again in this game, defending Noffke and finding the edge. The ball flew away to the left of Perren at third slip who flew himself, into the air and held a terrific catch. SL 1/2

Over 7.4: OUT!! Atapattu with no footwork, struck on the pads by Noffke and Umpire McNamara this time has no hesitation at all. Perhaps done for pace, regardless SL 2/11

And Noffke has 2-7 from 5 overs!

So obviously Hilfnhaus is the # 5 pacer with the selectors, however Noffke must be the # 6 by now.....

Last edited:

Laurrz

International Debutant
yea Noffers would be #6, perhaps battling with Bracken

so the Lankans might actually lose this match...
i remember in past tours when they came here they've loss to Victoria and Australia A but then beat Australia later on..however i guess this is different as it isn't a one day match

I'm guessing conditions are muggy and humid
I wonder which team will benefit if conditions are like these for the first test!
I don't think Lankas pace attack is exactly worse than ours...(although i've never seen Fernando swing the ball... Clark isn't a big swing bowler but he can swing the ball subtlely)

but i think we'll benefit more because our batsmen will play the swinging ball better perhaps

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Why can't we have sides play tour games at the 'Gabba or Sri Lanka request?
We wanted the Gabba, but CA said no. We wanted a 4 day match against the Chairmen XI, CA said 3 days. We wanted 3 Test, CA said no. Anyone see a pattern.

Johnners

Can't say it would be ideal having a game played on the Gabba pitch 4 days before the actual Gabba test match so that's perfectly understandable.

pup11

International Coach
Aaagh.... Tait gets injured once again and its really disappointing to see him going down with injuries over and over again, i would have loved to see him in the Aussie bowling line-up but that was not to be, anyways Tait's injury pretty much ensures that Johnson would be making his test debut with the first test and its good to see that Johnson is showing some talent with the bat too.
Hope Taity makes a speedy recovery because he can be a real asset to the Aussie bowling line-up.

sideshowtim

Banned
Aaagh.... Tait gets injured once again and its really disappointing to see him going down with injuries over and over again, i would have loved to see him in the Aussie bowling line-up but that was not to be, anyways Tait's injury pretty much ensures that Johnson would be making his test debut with the first test and its good to see that Johnson is showing some talent with the bat too.
Hope Taity makes a speedy recovery because he can be a real asset to the Aussie bowling line-up.
Definitely disappointing, however in all reality, barring an injury to Mitchell Johnson he wasn't going to make the Test side. I'm upset about this injury because it means he'll be out of state cricket for a while, where I feel he needed extra time coming off the original injury. I hope he gets better soon.

And yeah, Johnson will be an asset to the batting line up for sure. He'll fill that gap that Warne, as a handy batsman himself, will leave in the order. He's scored a few FC fifties in a short career and his technique actually looks pretty tight for a youngster who has spent most of their time on bowling. His ability to bat certainly works in his favour for selection.

Hilfy is deserving of the call up, although I hope it won't affect him playing in state cricket. He's barely played any for a long time now. Surely picking splinters out of his arse in the Aussie dressing room isn't doing much good. He's gotta get out there and bowl, bowl, bowl.

Son Of Coco

Definitely disappointing, however in all reality, barring an injury to Mitchell Johnson he wasn't going to make the Test side. I'm upset about this injury because it means he'll be out of state cricket for a while, where I feel he needed extra time coming off the original injury. I hope he gets better soon.

And yeah, Johnson will be an asset to the batting line up for sure. He'll fill that gap that Warne, as a handy batsman himself, will leave in the order. He's scored a few FC fifties in a short career and his technique actually looks pretty tight for a youngster who has spent most of their time on bowling. His ability to bat certainly works in his favour for selection.

Hilfy is deserving of the call up, although I hope it won't affect him playing in state cricket. He's barely played any for a long time now. Surely picking splinters out of his arse in the Aussie dressing room isn't doing much good. He's gotta get out there and bowl, bowl, bowl.
Is this the same as the elbow injury he had before?

I think I read they'll release the 12th man to play for his state anyway, so Hilfenhaus will get to go back and play some cricket which is good.

andyc

Lee will definitely move up to number 8 to replace Warne though, which he should've been doing for a while IMO. Johnson will just be a pretty good number 9, and with Clark at 10, it should actually be a fairly decent tail.