• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Why the **** would you want to play for Carlton? serious. They couldn't even make a profit without a 2.2 m AFL handout. Hope Collingwood get him, dont want those farks at Carlton gaining any hope.
Which is why they made a $3.1 million profit?

Hate all these knobs who hate Judd because he won't be coming to their club.

Geelong to miss the 8 next year.

pasag

RTDAS

I was thinking they won't make the top 4 the other day. 5th or 6th most likely. WB's year next year, imo.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well Pratt is building Carlton facilities as good as the Lexus Centre which should be done within two years
But Melbourne were building facilities that were to be ready in two years, yet they're out of the running. Mind you, Optus Oval would probably be a fair bit better than the Junction Oval/Sandringham/wherever else Melbourne go during the pre-season.
I'll be disappointed if Collingwood trades any of the following as part of a package for Judd: Pendlebury, Thomas, H. Shaw, Swan, Maxwell, Goldsack, Rusling, Reid, Fraser or Marty Clark. Didak I don't want them to trade, but I guess I could live with if we got Judd - but I'd be gutted to see him leave.
I think that you have to be prepared to let go of one of those three. I don't think Reid or Rusling will be that huge a loss in comparison to what they would be for other clubs, when you've got Cloke and which ever one you don't trade left over to base your forward line around; and Goldsack plays a pretty similar role to Shaw, Toovey and Maxwell anyway.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain

They made 2.2 m of that 3m becuse of the AFL and another 2m because of Pratt's Carlton charity even earlier this year.

Maybe i went over the top before. Hope the pies get him.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
But Melbourne were building facilities that were to be ready in two years, yet they're out of the running. Mind you, Optus Oval would probably be a fair bit better than the Junction Oval/Sandringham/wherever else Melbourne go during the pre-season.
I think that you have to be prepared to let go of one of those three. I don't think Reid or Rusling will be that huge a loss in comparison to what they would be for other clubs, when you've got Cloke and which ever one you don't trade left over to base your forward line around; and Goldsack plays a pretty similar role to Shaw, Toovey and Maxwell anyway.
Yeah Cloke is the other bloke they mustn't trade. I knew I was missing someone obvious from my list.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cry me a river... Really why does it bother you so much? Just out of interest who do you support?
It bothers me because you're chastising a player because he won't play for your team, which is absolutely pathetic. You didn't express dissappointment, instead you launched abuse at Chris Judd, which was absolutely un-called for. I do take a passing interest in AFL, and you have a disgraceful attitude. I support the West Coast Eagles.

Hoggy31

International Captain
No offence Perm, you probably don't know the first thing about football, including the intense rivalry and passion. If you lived in Australia, you'd see saying things like that are commonplace and part-and-parcel of following the great game.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No offence Perm, you probably don't know the first thing about football, including the intense rivalry and passion. If you lived in Australia, you'd see saying things like that are commonplace and part-and-parcel of following the great game.
I suppose. I just think it's disgraceful to abuse a player because he doesn't want to play for your team, regardless of how intense or passionate the sport is.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll be disappointed if Collingwood trades any of the following as part of a package for Judd: Pendlebury, Thomas, H. Shaw, Swan, Maxwell, Goldsack, Rusling, Reid, Fraser or Marty Clark. Didak I don't want them to trade, but I guess I could live with if we got Judd - but I'd be gutted to see him leave.
I think you've gotta realise that Judd is a once in a generation player, and you actually have to give up something for him.

I've been talking to some people regarding who they would and would not trade for Judd, and its amazing how underrated Judd has become because of his injury. As a Richmond supporter, I would only not give up Foley and Deledio for Judd. Everyone else would be up for grabs.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, I definitely don't underrate him because of his injury - there's every chance he'll be as right as rain after his operation. But I don't think it will profit us much to swap one of our better young midfielders for him, ie. Pendlebury, Shaw, Swan or Clark - Judd is better than all of them sure, but you lose a lot of your improvement by getting rid of one of your current players of a similar type, all of whom are younger than him too. And with Cloke, Maxwell, Goldsack, Rusling and Reid - I reckon a good key position player is more valuable, because of relative rariety (as a general rule) than a good midfielder. That's why I think Carlton would be crazy to trade Fev. And those guys I've mentioned there are our spine for the next 8-10 years. Fraser is the only decent ruckman on our list, and whereever Judd goes, we'll see what the effect of not feeding off Cox is on the bloke.

Rusling is maybe the most tradeable of those I've mentioned, given we have Cloke, Reid, and Rocca for another year or two, but I'd hate to see him go because he look quality and I don't think we've seen what he could do if he got a decent run with fitness.

If WCE get Fev + pick 1 or 3 for Judd, they'll win two flags in the next 4 years, injuries permitting.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
He'll choose Collingwood as his prefered destination. Wether he gets there is another problem altogether.

Just want to say thanks to Chris Heffernan (retiring). Huge reason we were preimers in 2000:)

Also R.I.P Mainy

pasag

RTDAS
Agree with Jono here, Judd is only 24 for one and he'll end up as one of the greatest players ever, ahead of the Buckley, Voss, Hird trio as well imo. Would give anyone and I mean anyone to get him. You only have to see him in full flight to realise how he is a class above everyone in the league and will continue to be so for a long, long time.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon you'll get him. Despite Judd probably prefering Collingwood (he's a smart kid) - WC will accept an inferior deal from Carlton just to spite the Pies, and you have more that you're willing to trade anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it would make me hugely hugely happy (mess in my pants tbh) to see Judd playing for Collingwood, but the problem I have is that I really rate our current crop of kids.

On reflection, if Rusling or Reid will swing the deal for us, then we should definitely do it. If we can get Judd, and find a decent backup ruckman for Fraser, and have a decent run with injuries, we'll give the flag a huge shake next year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
With all due respect, and I do rate Pendlebury so don't get me wrong here, but why one Earth would you not get rid of Pendlebury for Judd?

Judd isn't 30 like Aker was last year. He's 24/25, and with him in the middle instead of Pendlebury (for example, and obviously whatever picks etc. you give up), you'll be so much better in the next 2-3 years, which is when Collingwood would want to strike you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.