• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameeel

International Captain
The courting of boon recruit Chris Judd by Melbourne-based AFL clubs took another dramatic twist on Monday, with the champion midfielder advising the Demons he would not be joining them in 2008.

The out-of-contract Eagle notified Melbourne Football Club chief executive Steve Harris, expressing the club’s poor training facilities as a reason for his decision.

Harris said, however, that the Brownlow Medallist was “somewhat surprised” by the quality of the Demons’ presentation and strategies.

“… the club's training facilities at Junction Oval, and the need to train at a variety of grounds over summer, was an issue.” Harris told melbournefc.com.au.

“It's well known that new state-of-the-art facilities are due for completion at Olympic Park within two years, but we do have this comparative disadvantage.

"While it is very disappointing that Chris will be playing elsewhere next year, the club ought to be quietly satisfied that it had got itself from being a rank 'no hope' outsider to being very competitive in the pursuit, and ahead of many clubs who failed to even get his attention,” Harris continued on melbournefc.com.au.

"This outcome will only sharpen the need for the whole club to work together to ensure we have fully competitive facilities and resources.

“With a new coach and new football manager, a healthier playing list and with pick four still in our hand, we have plenty of reasons to look forward to the 150th anniversary year in 2008

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Dire. He doesn't have a team at the moment, so why shouldn't he consider facilities, and yes, pay when deciding where he would like to go.

pasag

RTDAS
If training facilities are such a big deal, which was suspected they would be, Collingwood would be favourites for his approval with the Lexus centre being the best in the land. Plus they have a hope of finishing higher than 15th in the next couple of years. Not so confident here.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Well Pratt is building Carlton facilities as good as the Lexus Centre which should be done within two years, and Carlton with Judd, if they keep Fevola and pick 1, should be near the top 8 next year. Plus if they have a choice, WCE, being the immature club they are, would deal with Satan rather than Collingwood, so I reckon Carlton are in with a big shout. They have more to trade in terms of draft picks.

Hoping Judd comes out and rules out Carlton to give WCE a choice between something reasonable from Collingwood or nothing and the pre-season draft. I'll be disappointed if Collingwood trades any of the following as part of a package for Judd: Pendlebury, Thomas, H. Shaw, Swan, Maxwell, Goldsack, Rusling, Reid, Fraser or Marty Clark. Didak I don't want them to trade, but I guess I could live with if we got Judd - but I'd be gutted to see him leave.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Why the **** would you want to play for Carlton? serious. They couldn't even make a profit without a 2.2 m AFL handout. Hope Collingwood get him, dont want those farks at Carlton gaining any hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.