• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SP - you can trot out your "absolute drivel blah blah blah ignorant of the formula" line as often as you like, I'm not going to stop saying my opinion. I didn't have a rant or use derogatory language towards the T20 game or people who like it, and you really just need to get over it. Not getting into this debate again - but its a damned shame you can't express yourself in a civilized manner. Grow up. If you want to continue in playing the man not the ball, you'll a) show yourself up as a fool and b) be reported to the mods.
How ironic. You constructed a wholly erroneous argument that showed up your ignorance of the format - every point you made was completely contradicted by the last Twenty20 international alone. Someone else might add in some random 'oh my fiddle dee dee' stuff and some Flanderisms to pad out the fact that the points you made were completely wrong, but I'm not swallowing that crap and sugar coating things for you or anyone. If you can't take your opinion being rubbished I suggest you keep away from internet forums or be prepared to put a whole raft of people on ignore.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
8-). So sad.

I'll take your advice and make you the only person on my ignore list, because frankly I find your avatar (that is a troll, isn't it?) quite apt.

Scaly piscine

If people appreciate a slogged 30 off 10 balls more than Pup's finely crafted 130 today...Well, good for you, but I don't see where you're coming from. I don't see how todays game has put you off ODI cricket even more....I've really enjoyed it.
It'd be a miracle if a slogger made 20 off 10 balls against quality bowling.

pasag

RTDAS
If people appreciate a slogged 30 off 10 balls more than Pup's finely crafted 130 today...Well, good for you, but I don't see where you're coming from. I don't see how todays game has put you off ODI cricket even more....I've really enjoyed it.
Same here, I enjoyed that innings more than anything during the Twenty20 championships, not to say I didn't enjoy that either.

Scaly piscine

8-). So sad.

I'll take your advice and make you the only person on my ignore list, because frankly I find your avatar (that is a troll, isn't it?) quite apt.

And I'll add you to my ignore list, because I haven't got time for ignorant morons like you.

pasag

RTDAS
Typical Scaly meltdown, can't handle people saying a bad word about his beloved format so he starts insulting people's intelligence, saying they don't have any idea about anything etc etc, seen it so many times that it's become rather comical when it happens these days. He very rarely includes any actual argument in the post and if there is you have to look hard in between the various insults and the waffles of righteous indignation.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Even being an India fan, I have to admit that Clarke's innings was a masterclass which just got better and better as the innings went on. It was even better than some of Bell's magnificent knocks in England.

Scaly piscine

Typical Scaly meltdown, can't handle people saying a bad word about his beloved format so he starts insulting people's intelligence, saying they don't have any idea about anything etc etc, seen it so many times that it's become rather comical when it happens these days. He very rarely includes any actual argument in the post and if there is you have to look hard in between the various insults and the waffles of righteous indignation.
My 'beloved format' is Test cricket as you can see on numerous polls. What else is it other than gross ignorance when someone posts an argument where all their points are directly contradicted by a big final only a few days/weeks ago?

stumpski

International Captain
The covers are off - an inspection is about to take place. If play can go ahead, what can we expect by way of a revised target? 150 off 20 overs maybe?

Days of Grace

International Captain
From cricinfo:

Here is the Duckworth-Lewis equation. If the match is restricted to 26 overs, India's revised target would be 201.

26 overs: 201 runs
27 overs: 207
28 overs: 212
29 overs: 218
30 overs: 223
31 overs: 228

stumpski

International Captain
From cricinfo:

Here is the Duckworth-Lewis equation. If the match is restricted to 26 overs, India's revised target would be 201.

26 overs: 201 runs
27 overs: 207
28 overs: 212
29 overs: 218
30 overs: 223
31 overs: 228

Yeah I saw that, but I really don't see them playing another 26 overs - especially as the rain has returned. :@

Nishant

International 12th Man
just call the match off....there's no point IMO to play a quick 20-15 over game...plus im not in the mood anymore anyway! :@

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Watched the Aussie innings before the Wallabies game and i was really impressed with how well Clarke batted, Held the innings together and gradually picked up his strike rate through his innings ending up at basically a run a ball. Haddin didn't bat that well (i have seen him bat alot better anyway) but he got the job done which should give him alot of confidence. Hopefully he will get abit more game time in the series.