• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Australia has played 41 series in all. Here are the results. Australia have whitewashed the opponents (winning all matches scheduled in 10 series.

BUT...

- Two of them were 2 match series (NZL 73-74 & England 1980)
- Six of them were 3 match series (England 2, Zimbabwe 2, BDesh, NZland and Pakistan 1 each)
- One of them was a 5 match series (Newzealand 2004-2005)
- None of them was against India.​

Matches.....No of series.......Aus win all
8.....................1.....................NIL
7.....................4.....................NIL
6.....................2.....................NIL
4.....................4.....................NIL
Overall............41.....................8

Nishant

International 12th Man
With all this talk of a whitewash....why do i get the feeling that india will whitewas the aussies? im not making any bets.. (i just dont gamble!)....but im gonna predict 6-1 to india!!!! I will laugh my head off if it comes true now. think abt it....how many expected india to beat SL...let alone beat them 6-1!!! Why cant it happen here...aussies have lost some players and might be a bit down as well!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
There have been 31 bilateral series in all consisting of six or more matches. Two of 8, 17 of seven and 12 of 6 matches.

• No team has ever won all the matches scheduled in these series.
  • Windies won one 7 match series 5-0 (against Zimbabwe) and
  • South Africa beat Newzealand 5-0 in a six match series (2000-2001)

Its not that common is it :)

• There have been 73 series in all consisting of 5 matches. 14 of these resulted in a whitewash.
  • The powerful Windies side of 80's account for 3 of these.
  • Of the 11 whitewashes in the last decade, Zimbabwe(4) Windies (2) and BDesh (1) were at the recieving end on half the occasions.
  • India has NEVER been whitewashed in a 5 or more match series.
  • Australia was the winner in only one of these whotewashes and that was (Nzland 2004-2005)

No. I dont see how Australia are going to do what no one has ever come anywhere near doing in 35 years of international odi games.:)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Predicting 5-2 win to aussies.... provided with no match abandons

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
Rain predicted for one week dont know how long it will last
Never, never predict Mumbai weather...it's been raining for a long time some days...and then it doesn't rain at all.

Anyway, that was a good question, given how the series between the Indian and South African reserve teams is getting washed out, match by match.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Never, never predict Mumbai weather...it's been raining for a long time some days...and then it doesn't rain at all.

Anyway, that was a good question, given how the series between the Indian and South African reserve teams is getting washed out, match by match.
Is the 2nd ODI too washed out

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If I had to guess, I'd say Australia 4-2 with a N/R. I certainly wouldn't bet on a whitewash.

And I can actually see it being quite a close series, especially given the loss of Hussey.

irfan

State Captain
Yeh, shocking stuff from Symo - the Indians have finally won something on a global stage for 20-odd years and he wants them to keep a lid on things.

Geez, why does he care, it's up to the Indian cricket team to decide how they wanna celebrate. If India turn up flat - it's their fault but I don't see how this affects Australia. If it's Australia that had won something decent after 20-odd years then you'd expect Symonds to be waylaid at some pub somewhere

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
"Something has been sparked inside of me, watching them carry on over the last few days,"

"We have had a very successful side and I think watching how we celebrate and how they celebrate, I think we have been pretty humble in the way we have gone about it.

"And personally, I think they have got far too carried away with their celebrations. It has definitely sparked passion inside of us. It has certainly spiced it up as well."

"Something gets triggered inside of you, something is burning inside of you — it is your will for success or your animal instinct that wants to bring another team down,"​

He is as stupid as he looks. He cant tell the difference between the humility of the players and the crazy adulation of a nation starved of sporting success.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Meh, just firing a bit of a verbal salvo ahead of the series. Its utterly meaningless unless the Indian team/public want to run with it.

I've gone ahead and got FoxSports, so I hope it doesn't rain. I'd only have spent the extra money on nappies or food for the kids anyway...

Athlai

Not Terrible
I believe this is a campaign devised by the Australian team to demoralise the Indian team, by acting like they are big and powerful they are intending to make it appear that they are. They always do it too, might just work.

If anyone talks the talk and walks the walk its the Australian cricket team. Hopefully the champion Indian team comes to the plate instead of the one the Aussies want to see.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
"Campaign" and "devised" is implying too much forethought and coordination for mine. I think ****-stirring just comes naturally to most of the current Aussie team whenever a microphone is put in front of them. If other teams didn't so consistently bite, I've no doubt they'd stop doing it.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone seems to be assuming he meant what he said as opposed to just trying to stir things up.

Athlai

Not Terrible
"Campaign" and "devised" is implying too much forethought and coordination for mine. I think ****-stirring just comes naturally to most of the current Aussie team whenever a microphone is put in front of them. If other teams didn't so consistently bite, I've no doubt they'd stop doing it.
Ponting did a similar thing earlier, they may not go in depth but I'm quite sure they are aware they are doing this. ****-stirring sums it up very nicely for me.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I doubt they speak about it or plan it - they'd be aware of what each other has said.

Alternatively it can depend a lot on the question asked as well, the tone it was asked and whether there's been a string of questions asked. They answer the question put to them with what they actually think and are accused of playing mind games.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone seems to be assuming he meant what he said as opposed to just trying to stir things up.
Oh sure he is.

But he should have stuck to the Ponting line of, WC20 being history and this being another series. rather than talk about how India is celeberating for that has nothing to do with anything except India's relative lack of sporting achievements.

He may not have meant it but it almost sounds as if he is secretly jealous of the way winning Indian cricketers are treated by their countrymen :)