• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Certainly India certainly, take a bow! What a collapse. Just amazing. Awesome stuff I am loving every moment of it.

This is exactly the reason why I choose to be optimistic about India!!!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Why can't Zaheer bowl like that all the time eh?. If he can do that day in day out he'll be a bloody good bowler. Sreesanth bowled very well too.

Anyone else not liking using a "ngh****chman". I don't stand it personally and I see no reason as to why a nigh****chman shall do a better job than a top order batsmen. It's basically gifting the opposition a free wicket.

adharcric

International Coach
Haha yes, Sreesanth! That's the way, boys. **** England and **** those critics. SS, get your ass back in here.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wasn't denying that he played well for 79, but he threw his wicket away when his team needed him to bat out the day and as the captain it was a very poor dismissal. Looks even worse now that England have capitulated like this.
Doesn't matter who he is, TBH, and it wouldn't have been poor if he'd been got out by a good ball or even if he'd looked happy enough to be batting. It was just because he so obviously was thinking "wish we weren't out here" that it's annoying.

It's very possible, of course, that this collapse would've happened anyway because India have bowled very, very well indeed.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish both Zaheer and Sree can bowl like this all the time. It'd be awesome.

Now to destroy these English bowlers. Please India!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why can't Zaheer bowl like that all the time eh?. If he can do that day in day out he'll be a bloody good bowler. Sreesanth bowled very well too.

Anyone else not liking using a "ngh****chman". I don't stand it personally and I see no reason as to why a nigh****chman shall do a better job than a top order batsmen. It's basically gifting the opposition a free wicket.
Actually, that's the purpose of sending one out, to try and preserve a wicket that is worth preserving. I think it may have been Steve Waugh that tried to get rid of the nigh****chmen from the Australian mentality, anybody care to confirm?

Majin

International Debutant
God damn, my Sky box has chosen the worst time to start breaking up. Filthy weather ruining everything. :(

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

That's what I wrote before. Someone here loves it, thinks Sidebottom did his job.. LIke I said as soon as his dismissal his wicket gave India confidence.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Same as sending him in with the tail, really. A tailender is a tailender regardless of where you bat him. Couldn't care less about nightwatchmen, really, if someone wants to bat send him in, if he doesn't, send a nightwatchman in.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Actually, that's the purpose of sending one out, to try and preserve a wicket that is worth preserving. I think it may have been Steve Waugh that tried to get rid of the nigh****chmen from the Australian mentality, anybody care to confirm?
I care, yep it was SWaugh.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Stephen Waugh did get rid of it throughout his tenure - one was used in Taylor's final game and Ponting's first. Different captains have different mindsets.

Perm

Doesn't matter who he is, TBH, and it wouldn't have been poor if he'd been got out by a good ball or even if he'd looked happy enough to be batting. It was just because he so obviously was thinking "wish we weren't out here" that it's annoying.

It's very possible, of course, that this collapse would've happened anyway because India have bowled very, very well indeed.
I agree about the collapse, you can't blame all of it on Vaughan, even though if he had played with a little more enthusiasm then he would've still been batting. Actually I think it does matter who he is, the captain should be expected to show a little more respect for the game and his attitude was something I didn't really expect from Vaughan, especially when it was so obvious. The nature of his dismissal was what irked me, not that he was dismissed.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian batsmen out now! Out in to the field that is, not the kinda out English batsmen were today :p:p.

Anyways, back to the TV.

Perm

Stephen Waugh did get rid of it throughout his tenure - one was used in Taylor's final game and Ponting's first. Different captains have different mindsets.
I see, I know Ponting isn't too fussed about nigh****chmen and I suppose trying to eliminate them from a countries mentality is something that a single captain can do, as you said it is a mindset in a particular leader.

Majin

International Debutant
Sending out a Nigh****chman is probably worth it, just because it does save you losing a proper batsman. If a batsman is going to get nervous about having to face the last few balls of a day and stress himself out about not wanting to get out and end up getting himself out anyway, it'd be much more worth it to sacrifice a tailender for that, imho.

Jaffer to be out without reaching double figures.