• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohd Yousuf vs Rahul Dravid In ODI's

Who is better in ODI's?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now, he may fill the Saj Mahmood, Plunkett, Anderson role but that's not saying much :laugh:
The first of those two, though, should never have got remotely close to the England side and the other has had an absurd career to date.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
isnt this the same bichel who won australia that match against england in the world cup almost single handedly?
One match or even one tournament does not make a player - especially against so many abysmal teams as were on show in that 2003 Cup.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Most of those guys should never have been picked ITFP either. Is Bichel > Shib Sankar Paul, Randeep Bose, Gagandeep Singh, etc.? We'll probably never know.

As I say - there are many better bowlers in England than Sajid Mahmood and Liam Plunkett.

To suggest he'd make Pakistan's side just because he's a better bowler than Abdur Razzaq is crazy. He's no better IMO than Shahid Nazir or Umar Gul.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Most of those guys should never have been picked ITFP either. Is Bichel > Shib Sankar Paul, Randeep Bose, Gagandeep Singh, etc.? We'll probably never know.

As I say - there are many better bowlers in England than Sajid Mahmood and Liam Plunkett.

To suggest he'd make Pakistan's side just because he's a better bowler than Abdur Razzaq is crazy. He's no better IMO than Shahid Nazir or Umar Gul.
razzaq is on borrowed time,
he sorted his spot for the next 10 years with his late 90's early 2000 performances
gul is a betetr bowler than what he's showed these past few months and nazir is too bad a bowler to be compared with bichel

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
So Virender Sehwag is a better Test batsman than Kumar Sangakarra because he has a higher Strike Rate?
u r talking about two different batsman with two different styles of bating. i dont think they are even close to each other talent wise. but i would pick sehwag over dravid any day any time.

the thing with batsman like sehwag is that wether they perform or not there is phsycolgical pressure in oppostion team. they think that if guys like sehwag ( afridi, dhoni, jaysuriya, Gilly and soo on ) are in the mood they can fire and if they stay in the wicket and fire for five overs or eight overs their team has 70 to 80 percent of wining the match. that is how mostly it works in one day cricket. that is one of the reason i belive that every international cricket side needs at least one batsman like afridi, sehwag, dhoni, chris gayle, Jaysuriaya, imran nazir and so on in their side.

come back to ur comperisan i belive any batsman over average of 70 is a good one day batsman and they have the ability to play whatever the situation requires him to play. we have seen Kumara Sangakara playing big big inninges and stroke when he was needed to play. to prove this the world cup final he played a very good inninges. short one but an inninges that was need and untill he was in the crease there was a chance of wining for Sri Lanka.

simply i would take Kumara here just because he is more consistance and he can play however the satuation requires him to play. i much rather pick imran nazir, chris gayle, or even shahid afridi or dhoni over Sehwag simply because of Sehwag's foot work and unabality to play outside asian conditions.

i have my point of views and opinion, the way i seee it right now yousuf has better average and better strike rate so i would pick him over dravid.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, I'd rather watch Daren Ganga bat than Gilchrist, but I haven't actually convinced myself that he's better. There's a difference between enjoying someone's batting and thinking they are superior which I don't think haroon has really grasped.

shortpitched713

International Captain
dravid fairly comfortably...
On what basis. I mean I agree that Dravid is a little better, especially since hes improved greatly in that form of late, but the concensus seems to be that there isn't much between the two players in ODIs.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I'd rather watch Daren Ganga bat than Gilchrist, but I haven't actually convinced myself that he's better. There's a difference between enjoying someone's batting and thinking they are superior which I don't think haroon has really grasped.
You would seriously rather watch Daren Ganga bat than Adam Gilchrist? :blink: