• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohd Yousuf vs Rahul Dravid In ODI's

Who is better in ODI's?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dravid has scored 8 50s against Australia and all of them have come against pretty good attacks and Mcgrath was part of 6 of those attacks.
56 (Mcgrath & Gillespie)
60, 63, 52 (Mcgrath & Lee)
65 (Mcgrath, Lee, Warne)
80 (Mcgrath, Warne, Fleming)
59 (Bracken, Bichel)
74(Gillespie, Lee)

Please dont post that kind of bull**** unless you are going to back it up.
Not really sure why you're including Bichel in those lists.

Last edited:

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Dravid has scored 8 50s against Australia and all of them have come against pretty good attacks and Mcgrath was part of 6 of those attacks.
56 (Mcgrath & Gillespie)
60, 63, 52 (Mcgrath & Lee)
65 (Mcgrath, Lee, Warne)
80 (Mcgrath, Warne, Fleming)
59 (Bracken, Bichel)
74(Gillespie, Lee)

Please dont post that kind of bull**** unless you are going to back it up.
i meant the big centuries and the big double hundreds

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Hmmm...convincing but you seemed to canily miss something, at about the time the decline starts.

Code:
Pakistan in Zimbabwe, 2002/03 [Series]
               Pak     5    4   3   405 141* 100*  88  405.00   2   2   0
Cherry Blossom Sharjah Cup (Ken/Pak/SL/Zim) in U.A.E., 2002/03 [Tournament]
               Pak     2    2   1    78  61*  17    -   78.00   0   1   0
that tour was in december 2002

they were still a good team then
the decline started after the world cup in 2003

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
i meant the big centuries and the big double hundreds
Big Centuries and Big Double hundereds ? Weren't you talking about ODIs only ? Or let me guess, it is okay If you jump between Tests and ODIs when it is convenient to you, but when others rate him on the basis of Test/ODIs, you say - This is about ODI only.

Anyways Talking of big centuries in tests,Rahul has two 100s against Australia, His 180 in Kolkata was against Mcgrath, Warne, Gillespie, His 233 in Adeliade in trying condition was against Gillespie and Mcgill, Hardly 3rd rate attack you have been talking of.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Big Centuries and Big Double hundereds ? Weren't you talking about ODIs only ? Or let me guess, it is okay If you jump between Tests and ODIs when it is convenient to you, but when others rate him on the basis of Test/ODIs, you say - This is about ODI only.
did you even read the post i was replying to?

the post said dravid scores more against the good teams so he was obviously talking about test matches and then i answered that post with a test match stat.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
that tour was in december 2002

they were still a good team then
the decline started after the world cup in 2003
Well... not quite started, but that's when they went into freefall.

If truth be told they'd been on the decline since 2000 when they lost Murray Goodwin and Neil Johnson, but remained for the most part a competetive Test and ODI outfit with several excellent players.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But he is the ultimate trier and would make the team in any other country.
Nah, no way IMO. Bichel's a pretty average bowler, certainly these days, and while he might have made a few teams (Sri Lanka, for instance) I don't think it'd have been that many.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, maybe England these days, Sri Lanka those days, India those days, so hardly terrible. At reasonable pace and getting outswing, he is never a walk in the park and picks up wickets consistantly at around 41 balls per wicket.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
did you even read the post i was replying to?
Did you check the facts before posting garbage ? And yes, I did read the post your replied to.

the post said dravid scores more against the good teams so he was obviously talking about test matches and then i answered that post with a test match stat.
Nowhere in that post Manee mentioned Dravid's performance in Tests, it was your assumption.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, maybe England these days, Sri Lanka those days, India those days, so hardly terrible. At reasonable pace and getting outswing, he is never a walk in the park and picks up wickets consistantly at around 41 balls per wicket.
Nah, no way is Bichel > any of Hoggard, Flintoff or several other domestic bowlers of a similar age (Caddick, Gough, Cork).

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
But he is the ultimate trier and would make the team in any other country.
Agree, Bichel is not a very good bowler from Aussie Standards, but If he were available to play for India, I would have taken him atleast in ODIs.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Did you check the facts before posting garbage ? And yes, I did read the post your replied to.

Nowhere in that post Manee mentioned Dravid's performance in Tests, it was your assumption.
well in that case you lot need to back up the fact that dravid scores more runs against better teams in odis then shouldnt you.
In conclusion, I pick Dravid because he scores more runs against the good teams, better recent form, and his better ratio of innings per fifty or hundred.
this was manee's comment

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, no way is Bichel > any of Hoggard, Flintoff or several other domestic bowlers of a similar age (Caddick, Gough, Cork).
Bichel > Pathan, Razzaq, Anderson, Sajid, Plunkett, Anderson, RP Singh and many others.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Now, he may fill the Saj Mahmood, Plunkett, Anderson role but that's not saying much :laugh:

gunner

U19 Cricketer
isnt this the same bichel who won australia that match against england in the world cup almost single handedly?