• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohd Yousuf vs Rahul Dravid In ODI's

Who is better in ODI's?

• Total voters

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ah right, is it textbook?
What textbook describes playing left arm in-swing bowling with just the pad? Wouldn't mind given that a read...

And any desire to watch Ganga pad up all today is frankly impossible for his ‘technically’ unable to negotiate a moving ball. Even in the roads of Pakistan Ganga made mountains out of mole hills.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
also over the last 3 years his odi form has dropped and his stats too,

he was the original number 3 in the side but had to make way for malik so he batted at 5 for about 3 years
had he batted at 3 he would have had much much better statistics now and 3 is also his favourite position where he averages over 55
Yeah and had Rahul batted @ no. 6 position his avg. would be much much higher and guess what some sources tell me that It is his fav. position.

Btw, If Yousuf gave away his no. 3 spot to Malik, then why was he hardly the Original No. 3, First 3-4 years he never batted @ that position ? Also Why Shoaib Malik hardly bats @ No. 3 position (only once in last 25 matches).

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Yeah and had Rahul batted @ no. 6 position his avg. would be much much higher and guess what some sources tell me that It is his fav. position.

Btw, If Yousuf gave away his no. 3 spot to Malik, then why was he hardly the Original No. 3, First 3-4 years he never batted @ that position ? Also Why Shoaib Malik hardly bats @ No. 3 position (only once in last 25 matches).
you just stick to discussing what you know,
if you had been watching cricket for last 25 matches you will have known younis khan is now number 3 and inzi number 4.

if you dont know what you are talking about other teams you just stick to discussing about the team you know about

and we are not talking about averages,

obviously if dravid batted at 6 he would have much more not outs and that would boost his average

and just so you know

ijaz ahmed was number 3 for most of the 90's till youhana came along,
then when woolnmer arrived he made malik number 3 and yousuf had to settle for 5 behind inzi.

Then when younis was made number 3 because of his so called "technique" yousuf had to stay at 5 behind inzi.

Now inzi has retired yousuf will be at 4 with hopefully malik back at 3 and younis back in the wilderness where he belongs or at number 5

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
you just stick to discussing what you know,
if you had been watching cricket for last 25 matches you will have known younis khan is now number 3 and inzi number 4.
In last 25(23 Innings) matches he has played, Yousuf has batted @ No. 4 16 times. So please check your facts.

if you dont know what you are talking about other teams you just stick to discussing about the team you know about
I know what I am talking about, Do You ?

and we are not talking about averages,
We are not ? Have you read your posts ?

obviously if dravid batted at 6 he would have much more not outs and that would boost his average
So why does Yousuf average so low @ 6 ?

and just so you know

ijaz ahmed was number 3 for most of the 90's till youhana came along,
then when woolnmer arrived he made malik number 3 and yousuf had to settle for 5 behind inzi.
How many times do I have to tell you that Yousuf didn't come into the Pakistan team @ No. 3 position, First few years he used to bat mostly @ 5.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
i bring this up again

very different scenarios now,
look where yousuf is and look at where dravids odi career is heading

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Given that Yousuf is 20 months younger than Dravid it's not really terribly surprising, is it?

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Yousuf easily better, his ave is 44 now, strike rate also better than Dravid. Also he has the ability to hit sixes, score runs quickly etc, which is not the case with Dravid. Not to mention, his batting style is a lot more appealing.

Also I think it would have been better to create a different thread to see who might have changed their mind cuz a lot of those people can't vote anymore.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Yousuf easily better, his ave is 44 now, strike rate also better than Dravid. Also he has the ability to hit sixes, score runs quickly etc, which is not the case with Dravid. Not to mention, his batting style is a lot more appealing.

Also I think it would have been better to create a different thread to see who might have changed their mind cuz a lot of those people can't vote anymore.
i might just do that

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yousuf is a better ODI player no doubt...Dravid is a better test player..what I mean by that is..Dravid is more suitable for test cricket than Yousuf....he has more patience, better concentration, he has the knack of converting hundreds into big ones...these are things he does better than Yousuf...but on the other hand, Yousuf is better at scoring at a decent rate in the middle of the innings in an ODI..he can maintaing an average of 6 an over without playing rash shots