• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know it's been remarked upon before, but CW really is quite a bit quicker than cricinfo for updates for those wage slaves amongst us. That said posts that consist of (effectively) "ooooooooooooo" are well annoying 'cos I'm stuck thinking "what? what?" 'til cricinfo catches up.
Think about it. If people took out the time to write-up a report of the dismissal, they'd not have the speed that they do with the "gone!" or the "oh dear" or the "would you believe it?" and so CricInfo wouldn't be so behind the times.

;)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bell FTW.

It's very, very poor that Laws like that are there, but are not adhered to.
Bell can get a bit of swing TBH.

Exactly my thoughts, laws are there for a reason, whether they make sense or not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The West Indies gave away way too many extras there; 47 is unforgiveable.
Absolutely abysmal - wides were poor, wide deliveries that gave away byes with no chance for the wicketkeeper were poor, no-balls as ever were poor...

Dreadful.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What law is this?
Law 17 states something like this "There shall be no batting or bowling practice on the square that is to be used for play, except before play or after the close of play. If the aforementioned takes place, then the bowler can not bowl for 1 hour after the incident, or until 30 minutes playing time has taken place"