• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
seen only first 2 overs of the morning session, but the Harmison over must have been hilarious to watch. like in baseball when they throw 3 balls and then a fastball strike.
interesting how they struggle with the line and length at the beginning of the day and/or innings on this pitch.
i'd watch the 2nd session and follow the third on text comment at the office.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Antigua Recreation Ground. I beleive Lara made 375* and 400* there.
Indeed, and while those (and Vivian Richards' fastest ever Test century at the same ground) were both still magnificent feats there have been any number of crazy batting records there. That makes me always inclined to treat innings at the old ARG as separate from everything else. Not unworthy, because you've still got to score the runs, but it's the ultimate flat-track-bully's ground.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Keep it updated, Bennett, keep it updated.

Interestingly, WI have lodged a complaint about Law 17 not being upheld. Now there's a thing... :mellow:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Someone on TMS reckoned that Sidebottom was bowling faster than GBH - does that sound right?
Haven't been watching Harmison's speeds, TBH - but Sidebottom's certainly been up at 85-86mph, which is seriously quick for him.