• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bell and Harmison using up Edwards earlier overs has really helped this last wicket put England beyond 350. Personally I think WI will struggle to get much more than 370 in two goes.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I just figured that because that because you had done all the day reports previously that you would do today's.:).Also no need for the dry imo.

grecian

That was a great session for England, the last partnership was a killer for Windies. Nice few overs before Lunch.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bell and Harmison using up Edwards earlier overs has really helped this last wicket put England beyond 350.
Yes, they wouldn't have enjoyed themselves against Edwards & Taylor like that. Still, so much for those of us worrying about Panesar & co taking a hammering. The last 5 wickets added over 200, btw.

Personally I think WI will struggle to get much more than 370 in two goes.
Against a good attack, I'd agree. Not convinced about ours though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I just figured that because that because you had done all the day reports previously that you would do today's.:).Also no need for the dry imo.
The Dry is a jokey smiley, TBH - it conveys pretend or not-that-serious displeasure.

I did yesterday's report, and it's very unusual for one person to do more than one day per Test, never mind consecutive days. I wasn't originally rotad for either, but couldn't really do Sat so changed to Fri and also covered Thu because Alex (The Baconator) had an exam today and needed yesterday to revise.

I've done one day of each of the two previous Tests.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I know it's been remarked upon before, but CW really is quite a bit quicker than cricinfo for updates for those wage slaves amongst us. That said posts that consist of (effectively) "ooooooooooooo" are well annoying 'cos I'm stuck thinking "what? what?" 'til cricinfo catches up.

Think 370 should be quite competitive on this pitch from what I saw of it yesterday.

Woodster

International Captain
Harmison is our spearhead, he has a perfect pitch for his style of bowling. Pressure is on him as everyone expects him to deliver. I personally think he'll pick up a large portion of the WI wickets.

grecian

Harmison is our spearhead, he has a perfect pitch for his style of bowling. Pressure is on him as everyone expects him to deliver. I personally think he'll pick up a large portion of the WI wickets.
I think he'll do well too, the pitch and batting is suited to him. IF he doesn't though, question should be asked about his selection, because he won't ever get a better pitch to bowl on.

Yet, I reiterate, I think and hope he will do well:)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I know it's been remarked upon before, but CW really is quite a bit quicker than cricinfo for updates for those wage slaves amongst us. That said posts that consist of (effectively) "ooooooooooooo" are well annoying 'cos I'm stuck thinking "what? what?" 'til cricinfo catches up.

Think 370 should be quite competitive on this pitch from what I saw of it yesterday.
True as, though I'm not following much live today. Work are making me work :@