• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh well while there's nothing happening for a while I may as well have a mini-rant.

The ECB tossers decided to absolutely shaft Chester-le-Street by handing an Ashes Test match to the taffs who don't have a proper Test-worthy ground yet, this was after years of Chester-le-Street having to put up with Tests against the likes of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. The 'compensation' for this atrocity was the 4th Test in this series, which could easily be a dead rubber against another minnow-strength side. Old Trafford also missed out in this debacle.

The ECB had better give the north-east some proper Tests next time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Oh well while there's nothing happening for a while I may as well have a mini-rant.

The ECB tossers decided to absolutely shaft Chester-le-Street by handing an Ashes Test match to the taffs who don't have a proper Test-worthy ground yet, this was after years of Chester-le-Street having to put up with Tests against the likes of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. The 'compensation' for this atrocity was the 4th Test in this series, which could easily be a dead rubber against another minnow-strength side. Old Trafford also missed out in this debacle.

The ECB had better give the north-east some proper Tests next time.
Fair enough, actually. The ECB just seemed to pull Sophia Gardens out of its backside. Can't imagine Lancs or Notts were overjoyed either.

All about the money, obv.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So, with Sidebottom's performance, does this mean the end of Harmison, at least for a while if Hoggard returns for the next test? A bowling attack of Sidebottom, Hoggard, Punklett, Panesar?
On merit, at this point in time, that would be the attack. The "problems", such as they are, are the next test being played where GBH produced his one good performance last year (albeit he was crap there 12 months previously) and the one after being played at his home ground. I wonder how brave the selectors are feeling.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Seems like Fred is still a major doubt for the third test and indeed the whole series for he was unable to play for Lancashire today against Scotland and he will miss the Leicestershire game tomorrow as well. Not such a huge blow for this series but a fit Flintoff would be needed for India greatly, one suspects.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I cant see them dropping Harmison if Hoggard is fit for the 3rd test. But Plunketts place will be in trouble for sure. You cant drop Sidebottom after he's bowled so well in this test irrelevement of the conditions.

Richard's right about Collingwood being the benificery of more luck than most so far.

Good, accurate observation. He is clearly a keen observer of the game as many uninformed would thing that a preposterous statement.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
had to laugh at a headline i saw over here "Sidebottom Rearends Windies" :laugh:

Anyway zero chance of Harmlessone being dropped anytime soon, remember he has 'nothing to prove'

pasag

RTDAS
Hoping that we get a full days play tonight.
Hope there is an hour or two of rain actually as Foxtel only starts coverage at 9.30pm.:ph34r:

Seriously, people are probably getting sick of hearing about this but wtf, wtf? They get an extra sports channel, miss the first two days and then when they finally start coverage it's an hour and a half late, and will be interrupted by Motor World half an hour in. ****ing dire.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope there is an hour or two of rain actually as Foxtel only starts coverage at 9.30pm.:ph34r:

Seriously, people are probably getting sick of hearing about this but wtf, wtf? They get an extra sports channel, miss the first two days and then when they finally start coverage it's an hour and a half late, and will be interrupted by Motor World half an hour in. ****ing dire.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Couldn't believe it wasn't on Friday night.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Oh, Foxtel covering it tonight? Gun.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Surprised they got any play in at all. Admittedly I'm about 150 miles from Leeds, but it's coming down like stair-rods here & has been all day.

Swervy

International Captain
Surprised they got any play in at all. Admittedly I'm about 150 miles from Leeds, but it's coming down like stair-rods here & has been all day.
Yesterday was strange. I live about 15 miles from Headingley, and we only had a short light shower in the mrning..it was dry all the rest of the day.

It is merely spitting now, but it is damned cold