• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
ESPN Classic in the UK was showing the 1988 OT Test between these two teams and this test is that match in reverse - the rain is more of a threat than the Windies are. iIt is sunny where I am, believe it or not.
On another topic, what do people make of this:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/05/28/scdiar28.xml
In a week when David Beckham makes his England football comeback if there is any truth in this story it would be an even more remarkable comeback.
Another thought - we won't drop Plunkett either - we are so obsessed with finding a No 8 who can bat and the selectors think Plunkett is that man.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised they got any play in at all. Admittedly I'm about 150 miles from Leeds, but it's coming down like stair-rods here & has been all day.
Seems to be an odd range of weather across the country, tbh.

It's beautiful, here in Devon.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This rain's making this series resemble that Aus v NZ one a few years back where the 1st two tests were rain affected draws with the Aussies scoring thousands, then the Kiwis had the better of day 5 in the 3th test, whereupon we all heard how Fleming's wonderful captaincy had the Aussies "on the run" due to the innovative nature of his tactics. iirc, his tactics really were:

* 2 gullies and a short point for Damien Martyn.
* Bore McGrath to death by letting everything go.

Anyway, on such things are perceptions, and therefore reality, born.

Does anyone know how badly injured Sarwan is, or if Chanderpaul will be back in the series?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
ESPN Classic in the UK was showing the 1988 OT Test between these two teams and this test is that match in reverse - the rain is more of a threat than the Windies are. iIt is sunny where I am, believe it or not.
On another topic, what do people make of this:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/05/28/scdiar28.xml
In a week when David Beckham makes his England football comeback if there is any truth in this story it would be an even more remarkable comeback.
Another thought - we won't drop Plunkett either - we are so obsessed with finding a No 8 who can bat and the selectors think Plunkett is that man.
I'd much rather Marlon Samuels and Pedro Collins/Jermaine Lwason TBH.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That would be ****ing awesome tbh, but I can't see it happening in a million years.
I don't reckon it's that unlikely, really. The article mentions Hinds as a possible &, no offence to Wavell, but Sir Brian or him is an absolute no-brainer if ever there was one. Just depends how much the Windies board enjoy the taste of humble pie for mine.

& we're back live! Decent swing for Plunkers first up. :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't reckon it's that unlikely, really. The article mentions Hinds as a possible &, no offence to Wavell, but Sir Brian or him is an absolute no-brainer if ever there was one. Just depends how much the Windies board enjoy the taste of humble pie for mine.
Ryan Hinds I thought it said. Either way, your point still stands.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Gone, Sidebottom gets another LBW, he is a good agressive bowler and seems to be good against the slightest bit of lazyness by the batsman.

Sylvester Joseph goes for 1.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ryan strikes, pretty plumb.

I hope Sidebottom gets his five-for, doubt he'll get another chance in Test cricket.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater

& we're back live! Decent swing for Plunkers first up. :)
Umm it said Ryan not Wavell.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Joseph looks decidedly rubbish for mine. Shocked he ever scores runs at first class level - surely he has something that he hasn't shown us?