• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

PY

International Coach
PY sees a lot of Shaun Pollock in young Plunkett... :)
One innings when they're after runs does not make him a bad batsmen.

Taken in the context of the initial post where people were talking about his development as a bowler superceding his batting development that I can see him developing into an OK batsman much later in his career like Shaun Pollock who was nowhere near as good as he is now when he first started.

But yeah, don't let that get in the way of a snipe. :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
One innings when they're after runs does not make him a bad batsmen.

Taken in the context of the initial post where people were talking about his development as a bowler superceding his batting development that I can see him developing into an OK batsman much later in his career like Shaun Pollock who was nowhere near as good as he is now when he first started.

But yeah, don't let that get in the way of a snipe. :p

It doesn't for as I say Liam will score runs in international cricket but Shaun Pollock always had resonates of good to decent batting ability. Natal never concurred with such a thought but they also thought KP couldn't hold a bat with much distinction as well. Pollock, is extremely good in knowing when to score and when to knuckle down, he could decipher such a thing when he was 20, Plunkett still has a long way to go in that regard.

And I was only joshing with you. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BTW what has happened to Tremlett he seemed to have a bit about him a few years ago.
So did many before they were actually tried at the international level.

Personally I never rated Tremlett at all and so far things have panned-out as I espected.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has probably been done in this forum already, but:

Umpire Rauf's performance in this match - discuss.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've seen worse, TBH - much worse. How many definate errors is it? I've counted 3 at best, though I might have missed something in the last couple of days.

simmy

International Regular
TBH, I think the worst two umpires in world cricket are covering this game.

England to bowl them out tomorrow... but need to take wickets with new ball.

Woody_cloudofsm

School Boy/Girl Captain
Corey collymore

I thought corey collymore bowled beautifully. He is proof that a good seam position and a bit of control at just above medium pace is very useful in eNGLISH Conditions. I am absoloutely shocked at Pedro Collins non selection for this series. OMg Collins Collymore and Jermaine Lawson should be the attack. Powell never gets wickets man his test average Is over 40 after a 20 odd tests HELLO Ajit Agarkar Mohammed Sami in the making. .

And Dave Mohammed they needed some variety.

Either way Collymore needs to lift for the west indies to have any chance of competing.

Your Thoughts????

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well yes, I did actually mean before this game.

As it transpires two others have done it in the last 10 years, one in an odi and one in a test. Both against the same opponents.
Didn't Mark Ealham do it in a ODI against Zim? (think it was in a tri series with SA?)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bet365 odds:

Draw - 1.30
England - 3.60
WI - 29.00
Wonder what the odds will be if Gayle is still in about 30-40 minutes after lunch with wickets in hand? Still forecasting a few showers? Shame - hope it doesn't ruin what might (nt likely but might) be a very good finish.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wonder what the odds will be if Gayle is still in about 30-40 minutes after lunch with wickets in hand? Still forecasting a few showers? Shame - hope it doesn't ruin what might (nt likely but might) be a very good finish.
If Gayle is still in at tea and WI have five or more wickets in hand, then England will be very nervous indeed. That being said, the weather forecast isn't clever.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Nah, looks like rain to me - match should peter out into a draw.

At least if we do get play, conditions should be conducive for swing

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well yes, I did actually mean before this game.

As it transpires two others have done it in the last 10 years, one in an odi and one in a test. Both against the same opponents.
Off the top of my head wasn't one of them Mark Ealham, which was against Zimbabwe so I'll have a guess at Ed Giddins as the other?