• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I think India must look to declare now if they want a result and want to bowl to Bangladesh on the final day pitch in the forth innings instead of wasting time trying to make them follow on.
with our bowling "attack" and the placid nature of this wicket, we need to get as many runs on the board as possible before we bowl...as it is, we have squandered much of the advantage of a good start, let's just see how far dhoni and the tail can take us now...

Nishant

International 12th Man
with our bowling "attack" and the placid nature of this wicket, we need to get as many runs on the board as possible before we bowl...as it is, we have squandered much of the advantage of a good start, let's just see how far dhoni and the tail can take us now...
true...but im really not sure abt what india should do now. They are like in the middle....should they score quickly and try to get as many as they can or should they try to play out a session or two. If they score quickly, they may lose quick wickets and get less than 450. if they try to play slowly, the same could happen.

the real question is; are india likely to get 600 atm....if not, they might as well play 15 overs tomm and then declare. Getting 450 instead of 500 isnt a big deal in this situation IMO.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

true...but im really not sure abt what india should do now. They are like in the middle....should they score quickly and try to get as many as they can or should they try to play out a session or two. If they score quickly, they may lose quick wickets and get less than 450. if they try to play slowly, the same could happen.

the real question is; are india likely to get 600 atm....if not, they might as well play 15 overs tomm and then declare. Getting 450 instead of 500 isnt a big deal in this situation IMO.
Good point. However, the pitch was supposed to change it's nature on the third day and there was supposed to be some turn for the spinners. That would have been good news for India. But unless the pitch gets some good beating for over 50 overs on the second day, the nature is very unlikely to change :p.....summing up the total number of overs, we had something like just a day of play to be honest.

And the pitch is as it was on the first day, maybe besides a crack or two.

So the confusing thing is - Should India bat and score something close to 550 or 600 runs? Or should they bat one more session and be content with that?

Should they try to bowl Bangladesh out consecutively?

My view on this matter is this - Bangladesh has not played a single Test match in a long, long, long time! True, that the last time they did play a test they were great in one and okay in another, but this team is a pretty different looking one than that team which played the Aussies.

It wouldn't be such a bad idea to declare ASAP and then put the Deshis in to bat. Bangladesh does have a nice way of gifting away wickets on good batting tracks (as Whatmore said during the ODI series, "We are very kind people, we like gifting away runs/wickets to our opponents" :p).....meh, they become too happy I guess :wacko:!

Hmm, at the very best, Bangladesh CAN play out two days and I do know they can (just Shahriar Nafees needs to have a few good sessions and the Bangers are in for a good game :)), and this match would end up in a draw.

For the organizers, I would like to suggest to them to avoid placed near the bay where it rains a lot, for organizing important matches such as a TEST or the FINAL ODI of a series :@!!!!!

jeevan

International 12th Man
Should India play or declare appears to be a bit of an irrelevant discussion. More rain forecast on Sun & Tue, so no result appears likely. Might as well let the rest of the Indian batting line up improve their averages.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I doubt any of the bowlers care about their batting averages, they'd rather be trying to claim a few scalps. If they can hang around with Dhoni, then a century isn't out of the question.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Should India play or declare appears to be a bit of an irrelevant discussion. More rain forecast on Sun & Tue, so no result appears likely. Might as well let the rest of the Indian batting line up improve their averages.
Why? Why not let the bowlers have a go?
It's not like the batsmen cannot bat and are new. It's the bowlers who need to give a good show.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

The game has begun, and Mortaza, the terrific speedster on water has defeated the whole of team India! Did you guys miss it? The 100 meter backstroke?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I would love India to try and go for a result, since a draw will be disasterous for them in the Test rankings.

Declaring now is a must and then looking to bowl out Bangladesh with attacking fields is also necessary. Something tells me though, that that is not going to happen.

Nishant

International 12th Man
india may go for the win...but i dont see it coming. We would have to bowl them out for 185 in the 1st innings..if that does, infact happen, i would be shocked!

(p.s. always wanted to ask this...is 'infact' a word?)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bangladesh really need to get Dhoni out early tomorrow otherwise they could be looking at 450+. I'm picking Mashrafe Mortaza to pick up a 5-fer.