• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

R_D

International Debutant
I love how a guy who has played all of six First Class matches is deemed ready enough to play Test cricket.8-)
probaly shows the lack of talent in fast bowling department for india really.
Agree with you thou.. too early to give him a call up... maybe its just move to get him in the team and make the guy aware that he's being looked at as possible candidate for indian team so this in theory should make the guy work hard on his bowling to improve it even more ;) thats how i look at it.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

I am hating this weather. I mentioned once during the world cup match between Bangladesh and Australia that amongst the places where cricket matches (especially five day matches) shouldn't be played regularly, Chittagong is one!

Alas, and yet they schedule a test match there!

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Ranadeb Bose is the guy who immediately springs to mind as he had a fantastic season. Any other really good seam bowlers who have had success in domestic cricket in the last 2-3 years and deserve a go?. Have the likes of Ashish Nehra, Harvinder Singh, Laxmipathy Balaji and Debeshis Mohanty fallen of the radar recently?.
I was about to say that. Bose definitely deserved a break.

adharcric

International Coach
Never really thought Balaji was trash either, TBH. How's he going?
Balaji never seemed to have any semblance of control and he didn't have any pace either - he could certainly swing the ball but it wasn't effective on a regular basis. Last time I saw him in action, he had lost even more pace; he missed out on a large chunk of the domestic season as well IIRC. Mark my words, he will not play for India again.

adharcric

International Coach
I was about to say that. Bose definitely deserved a break.
Bose performed very well but I wasn't very impressed when I saw him in action. He also bowled on a greentop at the Eden Gardens; nevertheless, he deserves a break sometime soon if RP and VRV fail.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whole first session is going to be washed out, I hope we get some play today.

pasag

RTDAS
Ffs, is it raining everywhere in the world at the same time, or is it just me? Got a feeling I'm going to be seeing an ark going past my window one of these days.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

They say the outfield is not okay yet? They are wrong :dry:!
A pal of mine is at the ground.
He says it is pretty dry, just a little - maybe a centimeter or so of sticky mud :huh:.
That should be okay enough for play. Not so bad that any players would slip and fall to break bones.....jeez luweez, the umpz are wicked :@!!!!!

P.S. The sun is beating down, that is why the little mud that there is should be okay in 20-30 minutes time :)!!!!!

Last edited:

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Balaji never seemed to have any semblance of control and he didn't have any pace either - he could certainly swing the ball but it wasn't effective on a regular basis. Last time I saw him in action, he had lost even more pace; he missed out on a large chunk of the domestic season as well IIRC. Mark my words, he will not play for India again.
He had a good control and swing at one point of time and was performing consistently at the test level. It seems his career is over as of now, but what i hear is , he is recovering well from his back surgery and he will definitely play for India again....

Nishant

International 12th Man
2 and a half hours bro. They play till 6:00 Pm local time. And they would start 30 minutes early every remaining day of this test match from here on :dry:!!!!!
cant they play till 6:30 or 7pm...or does it get dark...surely u gotta make up more time than just 30mins a day!

Nishant

International 12th Man
He had a good control and swing at one point of time and was performing consistently at the test level. It seems his career is over as of now, but what i hear is , he is recovering well from his back surgery and he will definitely play for India again....
yh...Balaji used to be good...but injuries have spoilt his career TBH...he had even improved his batting to some extent!