• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

Nishant

International 12th Man
match called off....as Trigger Tiger had expected.....on to the test series...i hope we get a first test in TBH...it would be quite lame if the whole series had to be decided by one test match.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Would you have liked half of the Indian team badly battered by Australia in the first two game to fall ill just before the third game, when they could still give a fight for pride and consider their illness to be fine? Or hope they get better and play a good game?

It's a game!

Instead of being smug about it and holing out your arrogance, please do respect other teams as others respect the Indian team please. Thank you!

P.S. If you were not being arrogant, sorry, I'm just a little heated-up right now :@!!!!!
Oh geez chill, why do you think I added the ";):p"..... It was a joke, sheesh.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
India have won the series 2-0, but the bigger issue at hand is that will they be able to beat any other team with lackluster fielding, 80mph innacurate pace bowling and some unimaginative spin bowling. I feel that Dinesh Mongia must leave the ODI side and sadly, not come back.

A key part of the team is fitness and the new coach should look to really strengthen the team mentally and physically in this aspect.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sadly, Jono, I think that article is pretty accurate. :(
The article is spot on. Thats why the great enthusiasm of some of the posters here after the two games seemed out of place to someone who had seen both games.

India's performance was ordinary.

That it was enough to beat Bangladesh wouldnt have surprised us before this world cup but we have allowed our standards and expectations to really dip now......

R_D

International Debutant
Just read this article. http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/294260.html

Having not watched a single ball of this series, can anyone who did confirm whether these thoughts are fairly accurate? Exaggerated? Is he just being a negative nancy, or have India, results aside, showed no inclination of taking a step forward following the WC debacle?
Yeah i thought it was bit of exxaggeration on part of the writer but after hearing from guys in here it does seem to be true.
I haven't watched any of te series either.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just read this article. http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/294260.html

Having not watched a single ball of this series, can anyone who did confirm whether these thoughts are fairly accurate? Exaggerated? Is he just being a negative nancy, or have India, results aside, showed no inclination of taking a step forward following the WC debacle?
Accurate but maybe a bit early to be picking faults in a team who won 2-0 against a test nation who quite frankly were home and are no mugs to begin with and were in some pretty harsh conditions (hot and humid - regarding the fielding)

cricman

International 12th Man
I'm about to beat a dead horse but... You can look the first game in 2 ways Dhoni won the game or Bashar threw the game away. That being said 2 missed run outs cost Bangladesh the match. I also think Chawla has a bright future

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Whatmore to sue BCB!

Breaking News:

Two days after this TV channel reported strained relations between out going Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore and Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), Whatmore has decided to take legal action against BCB for questioning his coaching skills.

BCB chief executive officer, Mahmudur Rahman had told TIMES NOW that, "Whatmore being an Australian approaches things the Australian way, whereas the players in the sub-continent are an emotional lot. Dav is not used to giving explanations."

Rahman's comments in essence put a question mark over the man-management skills of Whatmore, who is a likely candidate to replace Greg Chappell in Team India.

After TIMES NOW aired the story where BCB had expressed their reservations about his coaching skills, sources close to the 53-year-old Australian coach revealed that the comments had not gone down too well with Whatmore.

Whatmore has taken serious offence to the comments and is planning to charge the BCB for bringing his name to disrepute.

Sources have also revealed to TIMES NOW that the Bangladeshi players quickly came to the support of their coach and rallied behind him. In fact, TIMES NOW has learnt that skipper Habibul Bashar is to clear the air regarding Whatmore with Indian captain Rahul Dravid.

The burly Australian who has been coaching Bangladesh for the past four years has led them from being a poor side to world-beaters. His famous wins with Bangladesh have been against India in 2004, Australia in 2005 and their famous run in the just concluded World Cup which has easily been the highlight of his illustrious coaching career.
Source: The Daily Star

And I stand firm behind Dav Whatmore, that idiot Mahmudur Rahman has not yet done a single thing for Bangladesh Cricket :@!!!!!

Adding to that, let me congratulate the Indian team on getting a fine coach like Dav Whatmore :).

The President of BCCI and 5 others will fly in by a helicopter to Chittagong on the 19th to watch the match and finalise the deal with Dav.

Dav'd be truly missed in Bangladesh.....the fans love him so much :(!!!!!

Last edited:

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Nishant, I thinkw hat Raghav is trying to say there is that when an Indian player starts going, even in just one match, he is made from a regular being to a hero.....and when he performs well over a prolonged period of time, he is given a Godly untouchable status (when he should actually be considered a hero).....and even if you are not one of such kind, majortiy are, if I am not wrong that is!

So what he means by saying that most Indian players are "spoiled" is that, they are made heroes over-night which gets to their head and soon they come crashing down after which, they are heroes no more.

A balance is required :)!
Perfectly understood

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
And you just like a typical Indian starts making up lame excuses and starts going off topic once he/she is proven wrong.
I am typical Indian, who is always busy with work and comes to this forum when I am free....

Yes, you are right..thats the mantra to live in India with lot of population and competition..

adharcric

International Coach
Zaheer Khan ‘bounce’?

Khan bowls very full and anyone who has seen Zaheer will know when he does indeed try to drop it short it usually is smashed for a four or out of the ground for six.

Have not seen much of RP Singh but isn't he more of the same? A left armer who can swing the ball both ways and not extract much bounce for again he enjoys pitching the ball right up there.
Zaheer certainly does not get much useful bounce. His main strength these days is accuracy and controlled seam movement. RP Singh can get some surprising, steepling bounce at times though and he has pace that hasn't been on display in international cricket too often. Let's hope he gets a shot in the tests.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach

Actually, it is exaggerated. Yes, India certainly haven't done anything remarkable yet and I'm not sure which sane fans have been hyping them up. Nevertheless, there hasn't been anything especially alarming in the first two matches. Sreesanth had a short trash spell, Zaheer bowled like a douche against Tamim and some good slower balls by Rasel and co. induced soft dismissals ... big deal. Calm the **** down and wait for the real cricket - you cannot judge anything by two matches.

In terms of selection, he has a few points with some validity. Still, I can see why they wanted to keep Sehwag in at least one side (to hold out hope for England) and why Mongia was necessary as a fifth bowler. I can see Gambhir going to England as the third opener now, ahead of Sehwag. As for youth, Tiwary got injured and Chawla got a match - do you expect a revolution in two matches against Bangladesh?

Last edited:

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Actually, it is exaggerated. Yes, India certainly haven't done anything remarkable yet and I'm not sure which sane fans have been hyping them up. Nevertheless, there hasn't been anything especially alarming in the first two matches. Sreesanth had a short trash spell, Zaheer bowled like a douche against Tamim and some good slower balls by Rasel and co. induced soft dismissals ... big deal. Calm the **** down and wait for the real cricket - you cannot judge anything by two matches.

In terms of selection, he has a few points with some validity. Still, I can see why they wanted to keep Sehwag in at least one side (to hold out hope for England) and why Mongia was necessary as a fifth bowler. I can see Gambhir going to England as the third opener now, ahead of Sehwag. As for youth, Tiwary got injured and Chawla got a match - do you expect a revolution in two matches against Bangladesh?
A little touch of arrogance, but a pretty good post :thumbsup:!!!!!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
do you expect a revolution in two matches against Bangladesh?
this tour is a quagmire, anything less than a thumping win is bad and complacency leading to defeats(which can never be ruled out for this indian side) would be disastrous...

adharcric

International Coach
this tour is a quagmire, anything less than a thumping win is bad and complacency leading to defeats(which can never be ruled out for this indian side) would be disastrous...
Two matches cannot be the basis for judgment. Let's talk after the test series at the very least. The seniors received a wake-up call and Chawla got an opportunity ... not bad.

Last edited: