• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I completely agree with Akhi... (oops, don't want this to turn into a replica of the CW awards thread), adharcric over here.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it's off-topic but it doesn't deserve a thread on its own...

I'm curious to know what are the chances that India will be playing in Mumbai on around 9-12 November this year.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the 20/20 WC ends late September, no tours are planned for Oct and Nov, and the tour to Australia starts late December... IIRC.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Two matches cannot be the basis for judgment. Let's talk after the test series at the very least. The seniors received a wake-up call and Chawla got an opportunity ... not bad.
You will comeup saying the same even after test series...you will say two tests cant be basis of judgement..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lets see how far Indians can perform...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I know it's off-topic but it doesn't deserve a thread on its own...

I'm curious to know what are the chances that India will be playing in Mumbai on around 9-12 November this year.
Yeah, no cricket planned around then...but you never know, they might schedule another ODI series or something in that break before India go to Australia.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Is Dinesh Mongia a better part time bowler than Yuvraj or even Sehwag, both of whom are better batting prospects (though wouldnt know that from this series). He had a good bowl in the first ODI, but not sure that over multiple series and playing conditions, he was or will be better than these two.

India missing a medium pacer type allrounder in the ODI side. Does not appear to be abundance of young blood in that department domestically, Pathan is still iffy and Joginder Sharma fail to impress the couple of times he was given a chance.

Any recent news on Irfan?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Two matches cannot be the basis for judgment. Let's talk after the test series at the very least. The seniors received a wake-up call and Chawla got an opportunity ... not bad.
not talking on the basis of the matches played so far....what i am saying is if we win convincingly, well we are expected to, if we don't play well but somehow sneak through, it just looks bad for reputations already taking some serious bashing, if we somehow manage to screw up enough to lose a test, it will be another disastrous chapter in our cricketing history....so everything put together, nothing much to gain, a fair lot to lose....

shankar

International Debutant
RP Singh can get some surprising, steepling bounce at times though and he has pace that hasn't been on display in international cricket too often. Let's hope he gets a shot in the tests.
Not very hopeful of RP Singh. Actually, I think he's crap. It's a sad state of affairs if he's the next best pace option in the country.

adharcric

International Coach
Is Dinesh Mongia a better part time bowler than Yuvraj or even Sehwag, both of whom are better batting prospects (though wouldnt know that from this series). He had a good bowl in the first ODI, but not sure that over multiple series and playing conditions, he was or will be better than these two.

India missing a medium pacer type allrounder in the ODI side. Does not appear to be abundance of young blood in that department domestically, Pathan is still iffy and Joginder Sharma fail to impress the couple of times he was given a chance.

Any recent news on Irfan?
Yuvraj, in my opinion, can be just as good as Mongia as a part-time option and generally does a solid job when he gets a chance. Mongia just has so much more experience (county, domestic, etc) with the ball and that's why he's preferred.

adharcric

International Coach
not talking on the basis of the matches played so far....what i am saying is if we win convincingly, well we are expected to, if we don't play well but somehow sneak through, it just looks bad for reputations already taking some serious bashing, if we somehow manage to screw up enough to lose a test, it will be another disastrous chapter in our cricketing history....so everything put together, nothing much to gain, a fair lot to lose....
True. Even though Bangladesh are a genuinely competitive side these days, anything less than domination will be disappointing.

adharcric

International Coach
Not very hopeful of RP Singh. Actually, I think he's crap. It's a sad state of affairs if he's the next best pace option in the country.
Crap? Yes, he can bowl crap at times - in his second international stint, he bowled rubbish and was clearly striving for too much pace (in fact, I noticed this problem in a few A-level matches soon after he was dropped for "quick" bowlers ala Munaf, VRV, Sreesanth). He has pace, swing, bounce and control but he needs to focus on the last of these attributes; that's why he was impressive in his early days for the national side.

jeevan

International 12th Man
India, the test team, has been less of a disaster. (perhaps by not playing that many) even in South Africa. If they cant clean up with a line up of Wasim-Ganguly-Dravid-Laxman-Sachin-Yuvraj-Dhoni-Kumble-Powar-Zaheer-Munaf , would be a mighty shame.

Fielding could be atrocious though, with that bunch.

adharcric

International Coach
India, the test team, has been less of a disaster. (perhaps by not playing that many) even in South Africa. If they cant clean up with a line up of Wasim-Ganguly-Dravid-Laxman-Sachin-Yuvraj-Dhoni-Kumble-Powar-Zaheer-Munaf , would be a mighty shame.

Fielding could be atrocious though, with that bunch.
Ehh whatever, as long as Jaffer or Karthik (who will make the side over Yuvraj IMO) takes his share at short-leg ... there's only so much damage Munaf can do at third-man.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ehh whatever, as long as Jaffer or Karthik (who will make the side over Yuvraj IMO) takes his share at short-leg ... there's only so much damage Munaf can do at third-man.
Is that your defence mechanism in regard to valid criticism?

adharcric

International Coach
Is that your defence mechanism in regard to valid criticism?
Defence mechanism? I'm not an idiot - can't see how anyone could deny that we have fielding issues. Nevertheless, my point stands: taking close-in catches is what it will boil down to. People can whine about Munaf's jogging at third man but I really couldn't give a **** (relatively speaking) if we take the catches.

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
Do you plan to drop Ganguly/Laxman/Tendulkar or ask Karthik to keep? Really don't want Dravid opening again and the others aren't very likely to get promoted for that job.
i dont want dravid opening again either TBH...but i would rather drop Laxman and keep yuvraj. Youvraj is the future of indian cricket and can field well. laxman, im sorry to say, is no where near the indian future and its not like he is better than yuvraj ATM, TBH.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I imagine the Indian X1 will be...

Wasim Jaffer
Dinesh Karthik
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni
Ramesh Powar/RP Singh
Anil Kumble