• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
that is literally the perfect night watchman innings. Didn't expose batsman to geting out but we don't have to deal with Fatty Mishra being **** tomorrow.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TBF, except Pujara everyone got out to good balls. So credit to England. Pitch definitely doing things but as I said earlier, it is because it is slow that batsmen have been able to survive and the newer cherry has definitely helped England in that regard. It just seemed to have a bit more pace and bounce which made whatever misbehaviour happened off the pitch, harder to negotiate for batsmen.

Amazing efforts from Pujara and Vijay though. Clearly, they love batting together.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
that is literally the perfect night watchman innings. Didn't get out but we don't have to deal with Fatty Mishra being **** tomorrow.
One way to look at it.

Another is that his lower order runs could have been handy in getting you level. Otherwise they could have just thrown out Yadav.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
that is literally the perfect night watchman innings. Didn't expose batsman to geting out but we don't have to deal with Fatty Mishra being **** tomorrow.

Nah Mishy with the bat is like Sehwag with the ball. Pesky little ****, he will annoy the hell out of the opposition and I think if he had stayed in, he would have been good for a 30+ score tomm mrng.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Best chance of a result will be if India end with a sizeable deficit (100 or so) and then England either successfully gets a good lead early or falls apart trying to get a good lead early.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hey Adders, never notied until now, but the coverage has given India as the winner of the day 1 first session in the "session pie"

:cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
One way to look at it.

Another is that his lower order runs could have been handy in getting you level. Otherwise they could have just thrown out Yadav.
Nah Mishy with the bat is like Sehwag with the ball. Pesky little ****, he will annoy the hell out of the opposition and I think if he had stayed in, he would have been good for a 30+ score tomm mrng.
I didn't mean for India. I meant for the viewers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ash, Jaddu, Jinx and Kohli are good for 150 runs tomorrow. England getting a 70 run lead and being rolled for 150 odd in a session or two would be perfect.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I thought we would finish close to 350 with 3 wickets gone but this isn't a really bad close to day three.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Adders, never notied until now, but the coverage has given India as the winner of the day 1 first session in the "session pie"

:cool:
Easy to say now there has been a gazillion runs in the test, but I still say 100 odd for 3 was pretty even at that stage. Yeah it's a flat wicket but your quicks did bowl pretty well in that session.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
With the 9:30 start, winter time in India, new ball and first day pitch having been under covers a while, there is always a bit in the first 30 mins for the bowlers. That is not really indicative of the pitch though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Todays play was very similar to Edgbaston day 2 earlier this year v Pakistan. Wicket very early on, big partnership followed and not many runs in the day.

Shri

Mr. Glass
And the wife beater should be dropped for Kuldeep Yadav.

Pros of selecting Kuldeep:

Pujara wouldn't be the ugliest guy in the XI anymore
England would need time to adjust to a left arm leg spinner
KY Is not completely useless with the bat
In reasonable form as a bowler

Cons:

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Cons:

When will this meme of Pujara not being ruggedly handsome end?

Nostrils and Saha are clearly the most facially impaired.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Cons:

His face looks like he has had an adverse reaction to an insect bite.