• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
you people keep forgetting that skin is a massive factor per the King Kohli looks scale. Pujara is bottom ranked because of that, despite the fact Ishant obviously has woeful teeth.

It's why Starc would struggle to make the Indian side, despite the fact he'd be our best fast bowler by a distance.

Stapel

International Regular
Well, those two late wickets do make a result a bit more likely.

The pitch hasn't really detoriated yet, has it? There's been a lot of talk that it will. But will it? Does anyone have a proper idea about that?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Admittedly I only started watching just before tea, but this hasn't been nearly as boring a day as some are making out. It's just been Testy af.

Stapel

International Regular
Ash, Jaddu, Jinx and Kohli are good for 150 runs tomorrow. England getting a 70 run lead and being rolled for 150 odd in a session or two would be perfect.
Yeah, that would be perfect. But I find it hard to believe one team will score runs easily, and right after will roll the opposition over for a few dozen runs and a bit.

91Jmay

International Coach
Run rate very solid which was my biggest thing and the late wickets puts game at about 50/50 you'd say. Still see path to victory more easily for India though. Rashid bowling nicely here, seems to have put a bit more pace on the ball which I think works with the conditions.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah, that would be perfect. But I find it hard to believe one team will score runs easily, and right after will roll the opposition over for a few dozen runs and a bit.
My thinking depends on Jaddu trolling England with a lucky, slog filled seventy odd tbh.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Hang on I only liked that Shri post for the pokeball bit, but the ****'s gotten rid of it. Like might have to be revoked here.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I fear this is going to turn out to be one of those games that gives Test cricket a bad name - can't see anything but tedium for the next two days

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hang on I only liked that Shri post for the pokeball bit, but the ****'s gotten rid of it. Like might have to be revoked here.
Was cluttering up the space and wanted to make a separate post with that bit but I realized midway that I didn't care that much.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
And the wife beater should be dropped for Kuldeep Yadav.

Pros of selecting Kuldeep:

Pujara wouldn't be the ugliest guy in the XI anymore
England would need time to adjust to a left arm leg spinner
KY Is not completely useless with the bat
In reasonable form as a bowler

Cons:

He looks like a male model here though

photo.jpg

Burner

International Regular
See that Pujara got a ton. It's odd but the mental image of Pujara I have, I can't see him getting out on a pitch like this. Really has the temperament of a stone.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
See that Pujara got a ton. It's odd but the mental image of Pujara I have, I can't see him getting out on a pitch like this. Really has the temperament of a stone.
CA Pujarac Cook b Stokes12420617060.19
91.1 126.2 kph, shortish outside off... and steered straight to wide slip! Cook is the only man in there but he clings on as the ball flew fast at chest-height, tumbling back to end Pujara's stay! He waits briefly as they check the no-ball but Stokes' foot was behind the line and England have a treasured breakthrough, a drop of water in the Gujarati desert... 277/2

sheldon65

Cricket Spectator
I got to see most of his innings, he has excellent temperment but can't play the short ball. The slow nature of Indian pitches bail him out at home but I can't see him being a consistent performer overseas unless he changes his technique.