• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah India bowled well but not 5 wickets on that pitch well. Was dog ordinary from England and cost us game

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah India bowled well but not 5 wickets on that pitch well. Was dog ordinary from England and cost us game
Would even argue Kohli made major mistakes with not having a gully and leg slip (and sometimes even a short leg) for the majority of the game. Couple of more wickets were up for grabs.

The Hameed run out was heart-and-back-breaking for England.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ashwin was really good, just like the last test, esp. second innings. As I noted then, its funny how much dangerous the same balls become when you got fielders around the bat and a big total to play with. Its so much more important for spinners esp. coz their good balls can never get them wickets if they do not have enough men catching and forcing batsmen to play differently.

Jayant was pretty good too. Albeit I feel he can still get more out of his action. Jaddu was the usual. He was at his regular level, not better, not worse. The seamers were very impressive but there were the usual complement of buffet balls, but at a much lesser frequency, esp. from Nostrils.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So did we just get lucky or did good bowling induce mistakes?
Pacers were nice and tight. Ashwin was awesome. Missed large parts of Jaddu and Jayant's bowling but I assume they were all right.

We were good, but I felt England contributed a lot towards their own dismissals for many of the wickets.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is Jayant any good? How does he compare to Mishy? Good selection?

He is not better than the good Mishy. But surely miles better than the Mishy who showed up at Rajkot. Got decent potential with the bat and seems to have good temperament, most importantly. Nice to see that Ashwin and him get on well. Apparently he had moved to Chennai for a few weeks 3 or 4 years ago and practiced a lot with Ashwin. Good to see him being genial to the new spin talent, unlike how he himself was treated by Bhajji.

vcs

Never heard about this before. What's the story with Harbhajan?
Yeah, I haven't heard about this either. But a few weeks back, Harbhajan did make bitter remarks on Twitter about how he would have done much better statistically if the pitches in his time had been more conducive to spin. He really declined badly as a Test+ODI bowler after IPL started, only has himself to blame.

indiaholic

International Captain
Yep saw that.. What a ****. And so stupid too right? Can't he just say that he wished India would have always gone for pitches that would have increased their chances of winning?

Daemon

I think Jayant Yadav from what we've seen so far is best summed up as Ashwin lite. He's tall but shorter than Ashwin, gets less turn, drift and is less accurate, bats at the same sort of tempo, has a similarly lousy LO record with the bat. He even speaks English decently but not as well as Ashwin.

vcs

I think Jayant Yadav from what we've seen so far is best summed up as Ashwin lite. He's tall but shorter than Ashwin, gets less turn, drift and is less accurate, bats at the same sort of tempo, has a similarly lousy LO record with the bat. He even speaks English decently but not as well as Ashwin.
It's good I didn't do anything yesterday, gave me time to process the emotions and formulate my plans.
Yeah, I was expecting him to be more along the lines of a Sehwag or Jadeja in terms of English, seems I was mistaken.

vcs

I am not yet ready to give up on Mishra.. when you see him bowl the way he did in the last one-day against NZ, you think he could be so, so good.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Think with Ash and Kumble there, I will be very surprised if his bowling did not improve. The good thing about his bowling is that while the basics are there, there are also areas for improvement, but htey are areas that can be honed with good practice and instruction, unlike, say, the Shane Watson LBW issues.