• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Shri

Mr. Glass
with this logic you could kick the ball away so long as you kept your bat near your pad. A shot is when someone INTENDS to hit the ball. Ashwin CLEARLY never had any intention of doing so.
Its not logic exactly. Its about fooling the umpires and introducing doubt into their minds. The action opens up arguments and makes the call murky and difficult. And like any good sportsman, the player swhould exploit it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Its not logic ffs, its about 'playing hard but fair'. Skirt the boundaries of the rule book and bend whatever you can to your advantage.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Next time I go to an Indian restaurant I'm gonna act like I've paid the bill... and therefore relinquishing any doubt that I actually haven't.

hazsa19

International Regular
Its not logic ffs, its about 'playing hard but fair'. Skirt the boundaries of the rule book and bend whatever you can to your advantage.
No qualms with batsmen hiding the bat behind the pad. If they fool the umpire then good luck to them.

The umpire should be able to tell the difference, and if not, his mate in a van should be able to overturn.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well we won the last 45 minutes of the session. Shame about the hour and a quarter before that. :laugh:
All I've seen is the scorecard and cricinfo's descriptions of the wickets.
Has the pitch done much, or have we just batted horribly?

I know that Cook got a snorter of a delivery, but apart from that?

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Hammed looks cut out for this level.

Duckett looks cut out for county cricket at best. How the **** you get bowled out playing inside the line of the ball 3 times already in your career I don't know. That's a serious technique issue which should've been identified before a promotion to the England team.

Root.. awful shot after getting fifty (AGAIN)

India bowled well. England will do well to get 300 tomorrow. 95% sure that's game over.