• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

sheldon65

Cricket Spectator
Just watched the highlights of England's innings, I'm struggling to see how Ben Duckett can stay in the side if he can't play a forward defensive against spin. Also rubbish shot from Root.

listento_me

U19 Captain
I haven't seen the highlights yet but Duckett is seeming like a bit of waste. The pitch is also looking to spin and as teh days wear on, it will only get tougher. Stokes and Bairstow have to play the counter attacking innings of their careers.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven't seen much of him either, but seems like an off-spinner who can bat a bit, so basically an inferior version of Ashwin.
Said this before the game :cool:

Anyway really good cricket by India, they really did not give any real freebie runs, both the pacers and spinners were accurate which is mostly what got us the wickets. Also regarding Jayant and Mishra, remember that Jayant caused that run out and seems a much better fielder overall and Mishra is a lousy fielder, who also bowls a bunch of no-balls at times which results in his wickets being revoked.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watched the highlights of England's innings, I'm struggling to see how Ben Duckett can stay in the side if he can't play a forward defensive against spin. Also rubbish shot from Root.
He's probably watched Australia in SL play all around sliders when looking for big turn.

Why he'd want to emulate it is ****ing beyond me though.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I wonder if he'll just go aggressive in the second innings like he did in Bangladesh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He's probably watched Australia in SL play all around sliders when looking for big turn.

Why he'd want to emulate it is ****ing beyond me though.

Funny thing is, he is actually playing that way to avoid getting LBW to straight balls. So he is basically trying to avoid doing what Aus did in the SL tour and instead getting himself into even more of a tangle. The thought process is good, trying to get to the ball with the bat instead of the pad, but as any basic level coach will tell you, pulling yourself away from the ball mostly puts you in the worst position to play it.