• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All I've seen is the scorecard and cricinfo's descriptions of the wickets.
Has the pitch done much, or have we just batted horribly?

I know that Cook got a snorter of a delivery, but apart from that?
Root ran out Hameed then gave it away with a horror shot. Duckett has a technical flaw that Ashwin exploited and Mo should have played a shot.

Got trapped like rabbits in headlights trying to survive rather than bat normally. They bowled well but not brilliantly, pitch does the odd bit but not unplayable.

Good game management from them, bad from us = 103-5

Kirkut

International Regular
A lot of credit goes to the fast bowlers, didn't get many wickets but didn't allow the batsmen to settle in first 10 overs. Umesh bowled really quick today.

OverratedSanity

That review was a classic case of what I said about before the series, how will India use it not being used to using it and Atherton is spot on about Cook discussing it with the keeper as would most other captains. Obviously not going to matter in the grand scheme of things in this game but at some stage in the future they may mess up in a tight situation so they do need to use it better and learn quickly how to use it better.
They did a good job with the other lbw tbh.

vcs

Great day, would have preferred a few more runs but can't complain all in all. Need to bundle them out by lunch tomorrow.

morgieb

Oh I know. Its either Furball or sledger for sure. We won't prove anything though. Wouldn't be surprised if they are sharing a password to use the same account either.:laugh:
No, it's a poster that got banned for racist insults for a 6 month period.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's a multi but it's not listen to me.
Colonel R Dyer, heh.

Dude came in named as the guy who ordered the Jallianwalah Bagh Massacre in Amritsar. Gotta like a guy who comes in into an India-England tour thread as one of the most cruel and racist officers of the British Raj. Or not. Not, mostly.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As if it's either of those two goons

So disappointed with Joe Root. Feel like my plan for us to get 600 is under threat, but a 300+ partnership from the gingers will get us close to par and then the tail can get us a lead. Phew.

Stapel

International Regular
Root ran out Hameed then gave it away with a horror shot. Duckett has a technical flaw that Ashwin exploited and Mo should have played a shot.

Got trapped like rabbits in headlights trying to survive rather than bat normally. They bowled well but not brilliantly, pitch does the odd bit but not unplayable.

Good game management from them, bad from us = 103-5
Yeah, spot on. Not impressed by England's batting.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Colonel R Dyer, heh.

Dude came in named as the guy who ordered the Jallianwalah Bagh Massacre in Amritsar. Gotta like a guy who comes in into an India-England tour thread as one of the most cruel and racist officers of the British Raj. Or not. Not, mostly.
Yeah and the first defence came out from me and after getting destroyed he came back with a more sane username. Where's my award?

Shri

Mr. Glass
As if it's either of those two goons

So disappointed with Joe Root. Feel like my plan for us to get 600 is under threat, but a 300+ partnership from the gingers will get us close to par and then the tail can get us a lead. Phew.
The Weasleys won't do that.

hazsa19

International Regular
All I've seen is the scorecard and cricinfo's descriptions of the wickets.
Has the pitch done much, or have we just batted horribly?

I know that Cook got a snorter of a delivery, but apart from that?
There's no rational explanation for the score. Some weak batting line-ups going in world cricket atm.